We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

Which Amboseli National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

Hi Fellow TripAdvisors,

Need info and advice. My lodging requirements in Amboseli are basis, clean, good panaromic view of Kilimanjaro (this is very important) and not too far from the park. Because I don't want to much time on driving to the park.

I'm between Kibo and Ol Tukai

Kibo is 5 mins from the gate, Ol Tukai is inside the park (am I right?) Do they both have sweeping view of Kilimanjaro? how much more expensive is Ol Tukai (in percentage or a ball park figure)?

Thanks

Kenya
reviews: 1
1. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

Hi,

Both are good. Kibo Safari Camp will meet exactly with your requirements i.e. good and clean and accommodation in the tents is definitely better than just basic. Olukai is inside the park and Kibo is just on the edge of the park. On a clear day both lodges have a good view of Kili.

Rates are seasonal. Oltukai is expensive as its a proper exclusive lodge. Website shows US$ 443.00 per double room (2 adults) sharing per night on full board upto 31st October 2012. From 1st November US$ 380.00 per night. Kibo (no rates on website) you cna get for approx US$ 200.00 or less per night on full board.

Enjoy.

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 45
2. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

if you want to just relax, the Kibo is great as it is less expensive, and you only pay the gate fee when you enter the Park. I do always two night at Kibo and pay only one entrance as the first day we relax at the camp or visit the Masai Village.

Food standard is also great at the Kibo Safari Camp.

Ol Tukai is great but much more expensive....

Enjoy your trip

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 6
3. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

I wouldn't hesitate in opting for Ol Tukai. Unless you're counting every dollar, it's going to be a much better experience all round.

Kibo is very basic and in a rather despoiled area outside the park boundary.

As for whether you see Kili, well hopefully. But it's not a given! You'll get good views with the right line of sight almost anywhere in this part of Kenya. It's a very big mountain. Get up just before dawn for the best chance.

Have a great trip!

Richard

Kenya
4. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

Ol Tukai Lodge is quite comfortable and well located when it comes to watching Mt. Kilimanjaro on a clear day and also the elephant wing for watching elephants grazing around.

nairobi
reviews: 1
5. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

Ol Tukai is the way to go if you want comfort and a good view of Kilimanjaro the Mountain...though more pricey than kibo..

Bize-Minervois...
reviews: 42
6. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

Definately Ol Tukai

Boston...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

To fair, we stayed at the Kibo safari Camp located just outside the Park and had no problem at all viewing the Kilimanjaro. The rooms were clean , the staff , not forgetting the great food. Although our Agent had packaged all this for us. I am sure we paid about $150 (2 people).

8. Re: Between Kibo Safari Camp and Ol Tukai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Amboseli National Park