We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Which Railay Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 4
Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Hi we're staying in Railay Bay Resort (West Beach) and we need to get to Krabi Airport by 12:30pm - just wondered what the best option would be.

Thanks in advance again ...

Ao Nang, Thailand
reviews: 26
1. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Take a longtail boat to Ao Nang and follow by a taxi?

london
reviews: 4
2. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Thank you for the reply, is it possible to go to the east side of the island and get a long tail boat to Krabi from that side?

I read something that you are able to do this, however I don't know the time it takes to walk to the other side. Neither do I know with the long tail boats will be from.

Ao Nang, Thailand
3. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Not advisable to leave from the east side although it is possible. You have more options from the west into Ao Nang and then to the airport. From the east you go to Ao Nam Mao or Krabi Town where it is much more difficult to get transportation.

WAshington, DC
reviews: 5
4. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

about how much should I pay for the taxi to from airport and AoNang longboats??? thanks

Swift Current...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

We are in on Nong now and find all the taxis are very expensive, I did see a couple signs offering rides to the airport only for 150 baht.

Boston...
reviews: 117
6. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

How difficult would it be to get a long tail boat from Railay early in the morning (5:30am?) and get a taxi to the airport for an 8am flight? How long would the trip take door to door?

My bigger issue is whether to stay on Ao Nang rather than Railay for 2 nights because of this. I'd rather 'get away' to relax on the beach and maybe do a phi phi trip, so I was hoping Railay, but is this too much hassle for 2 nights?

Ao Nang, Thailand
7. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

I think it would be impossible to get a longtail boat in the morning at 530am unless you arrange and pay the boatman a good sum of money to pick you up specifically.

At 8am, there would be very few taxis on the road if any at all. Best to book one the day before. Rates are standard for taxi from Ao Nang to Krabi Airport at 600 baht/car.

Rides at 150 baht are either by the Airport Shuttle Bus or joint mini-bus.

Boston...
reviews: 117
8. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Ok thanks Andessen, I have modified my plans to arrive to Krabi airport around 11am and depart at 11am. So this should now allow us 3 nights in Railay at Sand Sea resort without too much rushing from/to the airport.

I plan to do an afternoon snorkel, kayaking, island hopping trip, and maybe 1/2 day rock climbing lesson. Should I book all this in Ao Nang first, or once we get to west Railay?

Perth, Western...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

There are several companies that run rock-climbing in Railay, so I would just leave it until you get to Railay. There may be more options to book for the island tours in Ao Nang, but there are also a number of tours offered at Railay. If you do book at Ao Nang, you may have the additional problem/cost/wait to get a longtail from Railay to Ao Nang.

In regards of airport transfer, we stayed at Railay Bay Resort and they organised longtail and mini-van transfers to the airport for up to 6 for 1200 baht. This may be a good option if you're leaving early/late when the longtails don't run frequently.

Harrogate, England...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Railay to Krabi Airport best option

Hi there, we will be on Railay and Airasia have changed their flight schedule which means we need to get to Krabi Airport for a 9.20am flight. When we stayed on Railay last time it was easy to get an airport transfer from the east side however this was at 11am and not 7am - does anyone know if this is possible please? Thank you :-)