We are all very excited for our July trip to Antigua-
I have relied on tripadvisor for many, many vacations and have found the info to be MOST valuable- so thank you SO much for answering our questions!!
8 of us are staying at St. James Club-
2 of us are 40 year old party timers (us) w/ 2 kids aged 8 and 14
2 set of grandparents- aged 64-70 (varied interests)
I know that I have a ton of questions here, so please respond to your area of expertise- I'd hate to exhaust anyone! but we are SOOO curious! We want to experience the whole island and decide upon a future retirement destination... or not...We hope to get a good feeling for Antigua during our 1 week stay, so any and all info is helpful to us- we are not millionaires that can afford multiple trips- even though we LovE to travel!
we are interested in:
*the best snorkeling trip to see great fish-we've read there is good snorkeling at the resort and then read otherwise- where? thanks! also 1 boat trip out- which one- local people- probably w/only 1 Grandpa
*shopping for Grammie's- where and how to get there? not super fancy stuff
* best island tour? We would love to see what Antigua has to offer early on in our trip, so we can revisit what we loved
* 4-wheelers? we've done this every where else- haven't heard of it in Antigua- any info?
* we've heard St. James Club doesn't have much night-time entertainment.. are people just missing it or should we head out at night? we like a few drinks w/ a little entertainment- nothing major
* 2 SERIOUS deep-sea fishermen in the crowd (have boat- fish often) should we book from St. James club boat or find locals?? where? help!~
*casino question- Grandpa #1 loves casinos- I've seen photos of St. James Club casino, but can't find info- where is it? when open? worth it or go elsewhere?
*Shirley Heights- looks like everyone was bored in the Sun. party night photos- is it a must-do Sun. or just a good view to do anytime?
*Rainforest?? really? is there one? photos look like forest- should we go? what will we see? zip line through rain forest or woods?
*definitely not last on the list- Church? I saw the photos of the cathedral- wow! which is the best to see- must-see? any masses close to St. James that we may hit? when? where?
* can I keep thinking?? sorry! and thanks!! the best info is from those who know!! Lucky yOU!
THANKS FOR READING AND responding! Kellie and Family in PA