We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ban Lung

Which Banlung hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 4
Ban Lung

What are the must Dos in Ban Lung? The Elephant ride? Visit Yaklom Lake + some light trekking along the lake?

I hv 4 days in Ban Lung + appreciate any suggestions. Tq.

Janet HC CHAN from Malaysia

Denver, CO
reviews: 4
1. Re: Ban Lung

Janet - have a look at the travelfish.org site - they have quite a bit of information about things to do and see in the Ban Lung area.

Rio de Janeiro
2. Re: Ban Lung

Hi,

I have been to Banlung and these are my suggestions:

Do's:

Go to the 3 main waterfalls: Kachanh, Cha Ung and Katieng. A highlight to Kachanh that was amazing for diving and swimming. It had the perfect temperature and there were small fish that do Dr. Fish for free (hehehhehehe!). They charge you 2000 riels for entering.

Definetly go to Yeak Loam lake and spend hours there! Amazing green and calm lake with perfect water temperature! Really enjoyed! They charge you 4000 riels for entering.

Don'ts:

Don't take the elephant ride. They really treated bad the animals, I didn't like to see an animal been forced to work even though it was CLEAR that it didn't want to. I had a fantastic experience at laos with elephants and I wrote a post about it. Skip it for the sake of the animals.

3. Re: Ban Lung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Banlung