We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Vecchio Asilo

Middletown, Rhode...
Hotel Vecchio Asilo

Is Guido still the host/owner at Hotel Asilo, or has it changed hands?

6 replies to this topic
Vacaville...
reviews: 45
1. Re: Hotel Vecchio Asilo

As we understand, Guido still owns the hotel but has friends (Stefy & Elio) running it for him as he is dealing with family health issues.

Middletown, Rhode...
2. Re: Hotel Vecchio Asilo

Thank you for your response. We are so sorry to hear of Guido's family's health issues and will surely keep him in our prayers. Guido is fortunate to have Elio and Stefania taking care of Hotel Vecchio Asilo. We wish them all well.

Venice, Italy
3. Re: Hotel Vecchio Asilo

When I looked for San Gimignano hotels Hotel Vecchio Asilo came up and it looks awesome. Can you tell me something about it, please. We are an older couple in our early '70's from Pennsylvania and will be traveling around for 7 or 8 days and need a 'home' base. Any information is much appreciated. We plan to be there in October.

Many thanks,

Middletown, Rhode...
4. Re: Hotel Vecchio Asilo

My wife and I are also in our early 70s. We stayed at the Hotel Vecchio Asilo for five days in late September 2012. It was marvelous, and we would recommend it highly. The place is family owned and operated, and it feels that way. Elio prepares the and serves the wonderful breakfasts, which include freshly baked pastries and other delicacies made daily by Stephania, Elio's wife. Their son picks up fresh bread daily at the local bakery before going to school. Ask for a room in the back; they overlook beautiful vineyards. And please say hello to them from us….

Paul Croce

Venice, Italy
5. Re: Hotel Vecchio Asilo

Thank you so much for your update we really appreciate it! Did you make the reservation direct or thru a travel agent? There is so much information on the internet it's mind boggling! We're going thru AAA however our agent hasn't been to Italy, so I've been doing all the research. We're starting out in Venice then plan to stay a number of days in San Gimignano at the Hotel Vecchio Asilo and travel around Tuscany and returning home to PA via Florence. Our first visit to Italy was 1990...it seemed a lot easier then...or were we just younger? :)

Thanks again and we'll certainly relay your greetings.

Angelina Caiati

Wadsworth, Ohio
reviews: 14
6. Re: Hotel Vecchio Asilo

My husband & I stayed there in October 2011. At that time Guido was there but he did mention a family member (his father, I believe) being ill. It was a wonderful experience staying there and we felt a good home base when visiting Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Chianti Region, etc. The breakfast each morning was great - we still talk about it.

We actually made our reservations directly through the hotel, with a 1 night deposit, I believe. On the advice of the other TA reviewers we booked as far in advance as possible and asked for a view of the countryside and that's what we got - it was beautiful! I took so many pictures from our window. We only stayed 2 nights there but wish we had stayed longer. Guido gave us a suggestion for dinner one night and even made the reservations for us. He was very helpful with our day trips also. If we ever have the chance again we will return.

Reply to: Hotel Vecchio Asilo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ulignano
Recent Conversations