We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental lockers in Spitz

Which Spitz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Rental lockers in Spitz

We're going to be biking in the Wachau Valley but will have our luggage with us. I'm wondering if anyone knows whether there are lockers at the train station where we can stow our luggage for the day?

3 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
reviews: 28
1. Re: Rental lockers in Spitz

No! Spitz Train Station is tiny and is not even staffed as far as I remember.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
2. Re: Rental lockers in Spitz

Your posting does not mention your prior stop before Spitz or that to follow and thix casn make a difference in advice given. You will find lockers at the Melk and Krems train stations - none by Spitz.

The former train service along the Danube was replaced several months ago by bus service.

Trains mainly for tourists will resume on weekends and Holidays beginning near Easter. Service will be limited to several trains per day.

www.oebb.at

Depending on the time of your visit - this could be an alternative to reach one of the above towns to drop your luggage.

Another possibility is to take one of the Danube ships to the same towns .with your bikes and luggage . This is permittedon the boats.

info here

www.ddsg-blue-danube.at

www.brandner.at

both serve Spitz with similar schedules.

Both towns would involve some time to transfer from boat dock to train station and lockers - Melk is closer.

You could ask your hotel or pension in Spitz to keep them for you bike and return too.

Note that the area along the Danube in Spitz is now a massive construction site to build a flood wall. While some working is complete , much more to do. The last time I was by this area - the western portion of the workings were mostly done - but the area east of the ferry landing was a big mess of workings. No idea when this is finished - but some will probably remain for the summer . This has really affected the promenade area with loss of old trees , etc.

vienna
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Lower Austria, Austrian Alps
reviews: 23
3. Re: Rental lockers in Spitz

Perhaps you may be able to use this service for bikes too.

I was reminded of this as the bikes now are being places in the kiosks around the Wachau

www.leihradl.at

many places for these pick up and drop off where you wish - cheap and convenient.

Reply to: Rental lockers in Spitz
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spitz