We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake tahoe for a day

dubai
lake tahoe for a day

i want to visit lake tahoe for a day then yosemite after.. i have linited time and i dobt have a car..im planning to fly to san francisco from portland.. please give me an idea if its possible.. i want to visit heavenly valley too..

California
reviews: 11
1. Re: lake tahoe for a day

You can take a ski bus from SF to Heavenly. Here's a bus that does one way trips:

https://www.nacski.com/mr/booking.aspx…

I guess after that do you know how to get to Yosemite or will you be posting that to another forum?

dubai
2. Re: lake tahoe for a day

i dont know how to get to yosemite but yeah ill post it maybe in another forum.. if u know please please tell me :)

Thanks a lot for your reply...

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
reviews: 22
3. Re: lake tahoe for a day

Folks in the Yosemite National Park forum can help you get there.

Most likely, you will have to take an Amtrak bus to Sacramento, another one to Stockton and then a train to Merced. You will probably have to spend the night there and then take a Yarts bus into Yosemite.

Check it out at Amtrak.com

Of course, if you are traveling in the summer, there is another bus route on the east side of the Sierra that you could use.

When is your trip?

Edited: 12:50 pm, February 04, 2013
4. Re: lake tahoe for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 06, 2014