We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electrical outlets and Tours?

Southern, Ontario
reviews: 35
Electrical outlets and Tours?

We are staying at the Royal Decameron Salinitas for two weeks in November. I will need to recharge my digital camera while there. Coming from Canada, we always need an electrical adapter when we travel to Europe. Will I need an electrical adapter for El Salvador?

The Mayan Route tour, the Culture and Craft tour and Coatepeque Lake Tour seem to be the favourite tours. Though fit, I don't see myself sliding up and down the Izalco Volcano rim. Hiring an outside taxi and doing all three in one day seems to be preferred by some. Comments on using Cuscatlan Travel or Shuttles and Tours versus The Royal Decameron Tours would be welcomed. There are numerous tours offered; are there any other tours, than the three I discussed, that are "MUST" do tours while at the resort?

Thank you for your advice.

ontario
reviews: 1
1. Re: Electrical outlets and Tours?

we didnt need a convertor while there and just plugged our lap top into the outlets i believe it is 110 same as here in Canada. If u send me a PM with your email i can send u a tour list with prices.

Southern, Ontario
2. Re: Electrical outlets and Tours?

Thank you for the information about not requiring an electrical adapter. I have a list of tours offered by the Royal Decameron Salinitas from other forum replies. Some replies to Trip Advisor suggested that Cuscatlan Tours were a better way to see the sights around the Royal Decameron Salinitas resort than the tours offered by the resort. I wondered if the Cuscatlan tours where better organized and utilized your holiday time in a more efficient manner. One reply to Trip Advisor indicated that by using Cuscatlan Tours they were able to include three of the Royal Decameron tours into one "long" day of touring the countryside.

Thank you for your assistance.

3. Re: Electrical outlets and Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:52 am, January 19, 2013
Kingston, Canada
reviews: 26
4. Re: Electrical outlets and Tours?

We toured with Shuttles & Tours - twice in our week there last April.

The first tour took us to a private property on a volcano lake (not the same one as offered by the resort) & a boat tour of the lake. It was beautiful! And Louis cooked us a delicious lunch.

The second tour took us to the cascades - which was great, but the walk in was steep & rocky - better suited if you are steady on your feet - and to a few small town markets in the area.

I liked having the flexibility in a small group tour to change our plans or take longer in certain places, rather than following the group and the price was about the same as the resort was offering.

Southern, Ontario
5. Re: Electrical outlets and Tours?

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

6. Re: Electrical outlets and Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 04, 2010