We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Violent city

Which Saskatoon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon...
Violent city

I live in Saskatoon it's a beautiful city, but it may look beautiful but the people arent my son has bean beat up for hat's and bikes our house has been broken into twice and people tell me i live in a good part of the town!!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
reviews: 118
1. Re: Violent city

Why do you live here if you feel your children are at risk? What neighbourhood do you live in?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
reviews: 66
2. Re: Violent city

Perhaps you should consider relocating, I know I would if my son was being beaten up for no reason.

Unfortunately, there are jerks in every town or city.... and crime can't be avoided in any city, but my sister lived in S'toon for about 10 years and always loved it.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
reviews: 118
3. Re: Violent city

I think the user name says it all. I see another negative post that was made by this poster has been deleted. I think that says alot as well.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
4. Re: Violent city

How incredibly sad...!

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 38
5. Re: Violent city

How unfortunate. However, if it's an inner city neighbourhood, it might very well be true. I would be surprised to hear if this occurred anywhere on the east side or north end.

Wellington, New...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Violent city

It's really too bad about Saskatoon... Such a lovely city with so many big American city style problems. I really don't know of any other Canadian cities outside of Regina and Winnipeg that has such incredible social/crime problems.

I moved to Saskatoon in 1999 from Calgary. I have been the victim of crime at least once a year since I moved here. All the years I lived in Calgary, only once was I aware of being a victim of crime.

I have had 2 vehicle break ins, the deck of my condo has something stolen at least once a summer and I was threatened with violence right outside my home.

I live in a good, east side neighbourhood as well.

Something has to give soon in this city... This cannot continue.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
7. Re: Violent city

Islandboi, I lived in Regina for a little more than 13 years, and never experienced the problems that you speak of. And I have lived in every conceivable part of the city. People who have never been there "think" that it has all sorts of crime problems, but that really isn't the case.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 38
8. Re: Violent city

Islandboi, I am sorry to hear that you've had these kind of problems. I have lived in three east side neighbourhoods in the last ten years, and the only problems I have had were some noisy neighbours.

Saskatchewan, Canada
reviews: 20
9. Re: Violent city

West side neighborhoods are notorious for theft, vandilism and other crimes in S'toon.

I've lived in the city (north end) for 27 years and have never had a home break in, or any crime committed against me personally. It's a stunning city I'm proud to call home.

Rocky Top
reviews: 39
10. Re: Violent city

Is downtown safe around the Park Town Hotel?

Get answers to your questions about Saskatoon