We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon in Saskatoon

Which Saskatoon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
reviews: 5
Afternoon in Saskatoon

I will be in saskatoon in July with a group of guys. Is there a nice area with restaurants/bars/shopping to walk around to kill some time?

8 replies to this topic
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saskatoon
reviews: 86
1. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Downtown is very attractive. The Midtown Plaza on 1st Avenue and 20th - 22nd St offers 2 levels of shopping. Then on 2nd Ave S and down 21st St there are several independent stores and restaurants. If you continue down 21st St, you will reach the riverbank with walking trails. There is a Hudson's bar/restaurant on 21st St as well. The downtown area has lots of different places to eat, so if you are looking for casual to fine dining, you have lots of choices.

The second option would be Broadway, however there is less to do and see. But it is a nice place to walk and if you like small independent shops, it may be worth a visit.

victoria, bc
reviews: 4
2. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

I'd opt for kicking around Broadway.. where I head to when I'm in town visiting the 'ole relatives. Close proximity to downtown.

http://www.onbroadway.ca/

Edited: 2:12 am, February 06, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 9
3. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Best option would be to stay Downtown.

Midtown Mall is on 1st Ave between 20th and 22nd Streets, it's 2 level shopping with department stores, drug store and a food court. Across from the Main doors of Midtown is Scotia Centre if you're looking for "higher end" shopping. Along 2nd Ave is where most of the outdoor shopping is.

Aside from shopping you have:

TCU Place on 22nd Street, which is the downtown events centre.

Galaxy Cinemas for movies

The Remai Art Centre, home of Persephone Theatre

Souleio Foods on 3rd Ave between 20th and 21st

A YMCA next to TCU Place

The Main Library on 23rd Street and 4th Ave

as well as a variety of dining options.

Broadway Ave is about a 20 minute walk from Midtown Plaza which has local/small business shopping, more pubs and eateries and a full grocery store should you need it.

Downtown and the Broadway District are lovely to walk through in the summer with walking trails and parks along both sides of the river.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Wadena, Saskatchewan
reviews: 19
4. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Get on Spadina walk along the river take a look at he Bessborough sit on the deck at the Freehouse soak up the sun there and On the riverbank.

saskatchewan
reviews: 17
5. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Broadway ave and area. Downtown east of 1st ave to the River. The riverbank is a good spot to chill and people watch, Broadway and Downtown all have plenty of shops, Pubs , clubs and restaurants. Most summer weekends in have a festival or event of some kind from Jazz fest in late June through the Fireworks Festival in Sept. Avoid areas west of Idywild and South of 22nd St after dark.

saskatchewan
reviews: 17
6. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Broadway ave and area. Downtown east of 1st ave to the River. The riverbank is a good spot to chill and people watch, Broadway and Downtown all have plenty of shops, Pubs , clubs and restaurants. Most summer weekends in have a festival or event of some kind from Jazz fest in late June through the Fireworks Festival in Sept. Avoid areas west of Idywild and South of 22nd St after dark.

Edited: 2:29 am, April 11, 2013
Saskatchewan
reviews: 36
7. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Mostly good ideas above. I would probably start on Broadway and continue across the bridge to downtown, end up at the Freehouse on Spadina after checking out 2nd Ave and 21st Street.

New York City, New...
8. Re: Afternoon in Saskatoon

Midtown Mall is in 2nd Ave involving the twentieth in addition to 22nd Avenues, it really is 3 amount looking along with department shops, medication keep and also a meal court docket. Throughout in the Main doorways regarding Midtown is Scotia Hub in the event that you are considering "higher end" looking. Combined next Ave is where by the majority of the outside looking is.

Aside from looking you might have:

TCU Place on 22nd Street, that is the actual downtown activities centre.

Universe Theatres regarding movies

Your Remai Art work Hub, house regarding Persephone Theater

Souleio Food in 1 / 3 Ave involving the twentieth in addition to 21st

Any YMCA beside TCU Place

The leading Selection in 23rd Street in addition to fourth Ave

in addition to a number of cusine alternatives.

Broadway Ave is concerning a new 20 minute stroll through Midtown Plaza that has local/small business looking, additional discos in addition to dining places and also a complete supermarket when you demand it.

Downtown and also the Broadway Region are beautiful to stroll by way of in the summertime along with jogging paths in addition to recreational areas along the two facets from the riv.

Reply to: Afternoon in Saskatoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saskatoon