We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Route through Big Muddy Badlands

Which Saskatchewan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Best Route through Big Muddy Badlands

My girls and I are doing one half of a cross-country trip this year. It isn't super-leisurely because we are relocating from Vancouver to Ottawa, but we are trying to catch as much as we can. We are staying in Val Marie SK, and planning to make it to Brandon, MB in one day. We are doing hikes in Grasslands Park the day before.

I am looking for advice on the best route to take to view the Big Muddy Badlands. We definitely want to hit Castle Butte, south of Bengough. Playing around with routes on Google Maps which visually seem to reduce distance adds a lot of time - I'm suspecting it is because of reduced speed limits on minor highways. I don't want to add the extra driving time chancing on some good viewing, and then find out I've chosen the wrong route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 reply
Ottawa, Canada
1. Re: Best Route through Big Muddy Badlands

I should have researched before asking: if anyone else is interested here is a link to the suggested driving tour put out by Sask. Tourism: tourismsaskatchewan.com/files/file/PDF%20Doc…

Reply to: Best Route through Big Muddy Badlands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted