We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

Which Trois-Rivieres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

Hi we're planning on driving from Montreal to Quebec city & want to stop off at Trois Rivieres on the way. Have 4 children (14 -22) & want to experience ice fishing, dog sleighing or snow mobiling. Can someone please tell me what is available & what we have to do to organise it? Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Trois-Rivieres...
reviews: 111
1. Re: ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

When do you plan to stop? I can give you more info when I know approximative dates. There is a lot of ice fishing, dog sleighing and snowmobile in our region.

New Zealand
2. Re: ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

whoops forgot to mention... it will be the week before Xmas. the plan is to drive from Montreal to Quebec city on Sunday 16th Dec & back to Montreal the following day. Unfortunately very brief.... would love any help! Many thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
3. Re: ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

As I wrote on your other post you are too early for most of these options. Alpine skiing is a good bet as the mountains can make artificial snow but it is not the case in trails for snowmobiles and dog sledding. Could be enough one year but not enough for the next three...

Trois-Rivieres...
reviews: 111
4. Re: ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

For Ice fishing, it will be too early; season doesn't begin before dec 26

www.associationdespourvoyeurs.com/?l=en

For snowmobile and dogsleigh, it depends of the quantity of snow that varies from year to year, it is probably a bit early too. Look at auberge du lac a l eau claire from time to time they post their winter activities

lacaleauclaire.com/en/…

they offer dog sleigh and snowmobile too.

New Zealand
5. Re: ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc

How disapointing - so close yet so far away!!! Just remembered that we have one more night in Montreal on Saturday 29th Dec before flying back to New Zealand, so maybe we try that day.... At least we could try the ice fishing but the kids were hoping for the dog sleighing - a bit more adrenaline inducing!!! Thanks for all your help. Will check out the web sites,

Reply to: ice fishing, dog sleigh rides etc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trois-Rivieres