We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days do you rec for Quebec City in June?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlngton
reviews: 1
How many days do you rec for Quebec City in June?

My husband and I are planning a week in June, dividing our time between Montreal and Quebec City. Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
1. Re: How many days do you rec for Quebec City in June?

First suggestion will be to stay away from Montréal from June 6 to 9, better still for the whole week between June 3 to 10. Why? Well it is the Formula One Grand Prix race, the only time of the year when the jet set people arrive «en masse» to Montréal for the party. After Monaco the Mtl GP is the most sought after for parties and events beside the race. So then hôtels triple their prices, B&Bs double them and all clubs and better restaurants are booked fulll months in advance.

So I really do hope that you were not planning on coming then. Comes the 10th and we are back to the normal high touristic season. That doesn't last long though as it is Québec National Holiday on June24th and Canada National Holiday on July 1rst. And the Jazz Fest starts on the 28th. But these events attracts a lot of locals or tourists without the huge disposable income of those for the GP.

So beside that it is advisable to visit Montréal before Québec City. Why? Because if Old Montréal is nice but it pales a bit compared to Old Québec so it is better to see it as the appetizer and then Québec City.

Also cars are a nuisance in both cities so if you fly then don't rent one. Montréal is very walkable and has excellent public transit for things to do farther away from the center. In Québec City we always advice people to try to find lodging in either parts of the Old Town or nearby and then everything is walkable with the aid of the funicular that helps negotiate the 200 feet + cliff. For traveling between both cities there is a good train service, albeit with only a few departures per day and also an excellent bus service with departures every hours. But if you are more than 2 people it might cost less to rent a car for a day and drop it in Québec City. There is very little to see between the two cities but you could make a few stops like Mont-Saint-Hilaire and the Chaudière Falls on the South Shore highway (20) or Trois-Rivières and a bit of the old Chemin du Roy (the King's Road) by the North Shore highway (40). Without more than a short rest stop you could shave around half an hour on the train/bus times. I.e. bus and trains: 3h20 and car: 2h50.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 33
2. Re: How many days do you rec for Quebec City in June?

rickb hit a lot of the highlights. I will simply add that I often recommend a 2/3/2 trip, using the train. 2 nights in Montreal, take the train and then 3 nights in Quebec City, then back for 2 more nights in Montreal. If you are sticking with the car, Montreal 4 nights, then QC for 3, then home from there.

JDP

Arlngton
reviews: 1
3. Re: How many days do you rec for Quebec City in June?

Thanks for your advice!

4. Re: How many days do you rec for Quebec City in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 14, 2014