We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norcross, GA
reviews: 36
Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

I have the new program for the carnival and noticed it has activities at Pub St-Patrick on Fri/Sat nights 'til 3 AM starting on 1 Feb through 9 Feb for 4 total nights. It's called Irish Nights and seems new for this year. Does anyone have any more information about what is really going to go on? It is very vague and clicking on the link ends up with an "Epic 404" for page not found in both English and French. It sounds like it could be fun, but I can't find any more information. Their website has nothing about it, either.

I'm going to try going there maybe on the 8th or 9th to see what is going on, but if anyone has information ahead of time (i.e. waste of time, great fun, etc), that would be appreciated. Of course, anyone going in a couple of days, please let me know what you've experienced, too.

Thank you!

Norcross, GA
1. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

No one go to this over the weekend? I guess I'll try it out next weekend to see what it is all about.

Norcross, GA
2. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

The program online at the official carnival site has been updated and now has a little more information for anyone else also interested. Looks like it is 18+ to get in and will have live Irish music and a special carnival menu. One site lists drinks as discounted with effigy although the official site says nothing about it. It's been expanded to be on the 15th and 16th as well.

Norcross, GA
3. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

I'll report back since no one (luckily) made the same trek.

It was a waste of time. Touted with traditional Irish music, all I heard were bad covers of Neil Young and The Eagles. Nothing Irish was going on. It shouldn't be advertised by the carnival in all honesty because I felt it wasn't what it was supposed to be. There was no "carnival menu", either. It was just a regular Saturday night ~10 PM.

Anyone else thinking of doing this next week might as well find something better to do. I still think the restaurant is OK.

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
4. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

Thank you for posting this JonasonKeeton, and for the updates.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
5. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

Nice of you to update so thoroughly....

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 17
6. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

Good to know, as this would be the kind of event I would look for. Best avoided by the sound of it.

7. Re: Irish Nights - any additional information on this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 12, 2014