We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice hotel -this may be a dumb question-but I want to know...

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sask Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
80 reviews
Ice hotel -this may be a dumb question-but I want to know...

We are going to be staying here at the end of January, I have been reading there is hot tubs there to use.......I am having a hard time trying to figure out how these are used.....is there a change room right close by that you change into and out of your bathing suit ....do you get cold?......what do you wear for foot wear getting to and from the hot tubs?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Ice hotel -this may be a dumb question-but I want to know...

Not a daft question at all. You have a bedroom to get changed in, you can walk to the hot tub in a bathrobe and flip flops (take them with you or it's your winter boots or bare feet! Ask for bathrobes and towels, they provide them.

Check out this FAQ page

www.hoteldeglace-canada.com/hotel.php…

Under "What do I wear", there is a link to a pdf that you will find helpful.

Have fun, take your camera, the hotel is beyond stunning.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
846 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: Ice hotel -this may be a dumb question-but I want to know...

Don't worry about being cold. We use the outdoor hot tubs during Winter Carnival and the first time I wondered about the getting in and out part. You just jump right in and, voila, you are warm. As for getting out, your body will hold the "heat charge" for a good long while, so it's not a hardship to get out and change back into clothes. Just be sure that you dry off well. Once you cool down again, you won't want to be outside in damp clothes. (Or be ready to change again.) Have fun.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Ice hotel -this may be a dumb question-but I want to know...

We stayed on Saturday - it was amazing! Hot tubs and sauna are a 10 second dash away from full change room with lockers, showers, robes, towels etc. take flip flops or sandals for your feet. Isn't nearly as bad as it sounds getting out if hot into the cold! .

4. Re: Ice hotel -this may be a dumb question-but I want to know...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 09, 2014