We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
reviews: 15
Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

Hi Guys!

My husband and I will be travelling to Quebec City this Dec around christmas time. We're a bunch of foodies and really want to enjoy some top knotch French Cuisine. Any recommendations for amazing bistro's and restaurants where the locals go?? We're staying in the Lower Town but willing to travel anywhere. Thanks so much and your help is very appreciated!

Merci,

Elise

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 38
1. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

Well a great little restaurant in Lower town, on Petit Champlain, is Le Lapin Saute, which specializes in duck and rabbit dishes.

Another spot, in Upper Town, yes a tourist spot but if offers traditional Quebecois dishes, is Aux Anciens Canadians. Good escargot there, though served very differently from France. More in a cheese sauce than having to use tongs like in France. Many other places will offer it also

foie Gras seems more of a dinner appetizer for some reason. Le Champlain, the Chateau Frontenac's high end restaurant, offers some great pate as well as sauted which I love.

JDP

Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 7
2. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

Best Foie Gras in town is at the Saint Amour and have it with a glas of Sauterne, ou of this world.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
3. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

Thanks Legag, great tip! I'll try that if February and it does sound good!!

JDP

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
4. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

I checked out Saint Amour's website and anything that lists foie gras 5 ways has to be good. Question though, to anyone who knows, while the reviews here are all terrific, are they really open for lunch also and has anyone been there then and what was the experience? I'm not adverse to an expensive dinner, but I like a lunch option as well if possible.

Thanks

JDP

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
5. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

JDP - a lunch option could be Le Canard Goulu, on Maguire St. Very affordable and yummy. The restaurant is open for lunch on week days exclusively, the 'boutique' has more opening hours. And no tourists in sight :)

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
6. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

As always Eirelover you offer the best advice and tips.

Thank you

JDP

Quebec City, Canada
7. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

Yes Le St-Amour is open for lunch at more affordable prices than for dinner. A great way to discover the restaurant, I've been there a couple of times for lunch and never disappointed. Quebec is loaded with great restaurants, so no worries there.

enjoy

Edited: 11:50 am, November 30, 2012
8. Re: Best escargot and foie gras and Quebec City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 17, 2013