We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sask Canada
reviews: 74
Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

I am planning on coming to Quebec around the 23 of January, I am hoping to stay at the Hotel de glace for one night, and I would like to also go on the toboggan run at Chateau Frontenac. I would also like to know if there are tours of the city available around this time. Another thing I want to do when there is go on a dog sled. Thank you in advance for any information

Quebec City, Canada
1. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

Perfect time for all the activities you mentionned

sask Canada
reviews: 74
2. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

do you know of any city tours ?

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 442
3. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

If you hold off to Feb. 1st, the Quebec winter Carnival is on, it's awesome!

Take a look...

http://www.carnaval.qc.ca/en/

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
4. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

If you stay at the Chateau Frontenac right out in front of the hotel they have carriage rides around the old city. It takes about an hour. My wife and I did it on our honeymoon and it was very nice and our driver was very informative and friendly. It's not exactly the tour you're probably asking about but if you can't find anything it's a nice hour spent. The cost was $80......$100 with tip. Just something to consider.

Edited: 10:32 am, November 25, 2012
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 33
5. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

Tours Vieux Quebec, toursvieuxquebec.com offers tours both of the city as well as the surrounding area.

For dog sledding, try Aventure Inukshuk, aventureinukshuk.qc.ca offers some excellant dog sledding. They are located in St. Catherine de la Jacque Cartier, about a 45 minute ride northwest of the city, near where the old Ice Hotel was located.

JDP

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
6. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

Stayed at hotel du glacé on Saturday - absolutely amazing!!! Went dog sledding on Sunday - $100 per person booked through hotel which included transportation, snack and drink, also amazing!

7. Re: Is Jan 23 a good time to come to Quebec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 09, 2014