We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vow renewal - suggestions

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax Nova Scotia
reviews: 43
Vow renewal - suggestions

Hi my hubby and I will be in Quebec City next September pre-cruise and want to do a vow renewal for our 15th wedding anniversary. Any tips on where we can get this done? It would just be us two, no guests. Did a search in the forum and vow renewal did not come up. Thanks!

22 replies to this topic
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 17
1. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

Are you staying in a hotel? If so their concierge would be your best bet. Most good hotels have wedding consultants on staff who can find an officiant. As you are already married there are no legal requirements to be met. So a renewal could be done anytime, any place anywhere, with no paperwork.

Think about what you want the ceremony to be like, look online for vows etc. this will make it easier when you find an officiant.

September is a lovely month weather wise in QC. So maybe look at private outdoor spaces as well.

Halifax Nova Scotia
2. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

thanks for the info. We're booked at Auberge aux Deux Lions. I'll email them to see if they have any suggestions. It would be nice to be able to have the ceremony outside.

whitestone, ny
Destination Expert
for Quebec City
reviews: 6
3. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

We have friends that did their vow renewal at Auberge Place d'Armes with reverend Lafrance, The sweet staff organized everything and since they have a restaurant they even made them a wedding cake as a gift. This is the link for the celebrant.

www.amouretmariage.com/loveandmarriage.html

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
4. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

Now that must have been lovely. Great suggestion.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 33
5. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

Well if you want it outside, but don't mind spectators, the best spots would either be the Terressa Dufferin, just in front of the Chateau Frontenac, or the nearby Parc Montmorency. Both would have great backdrop views of the St. Lawrence and Ile D'Orleans. The Terressa is heavily visited though, and the park would have some visitors too.

But, now that I think of it, there is one more park, not heavily visited, but with great views also, and that is Parc Des Gouverneurs, next to the Chateau Frontenac and just up from the Terressa. Again you still have great views of the river but not many people so it would be a little more private.

Just a few ideas.

JDP

Halifax Nova Scotia
6. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

thank you!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
7. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

Parc Montmotency on cote de la Montagne has always been a favourite spot of mine. High up on the walls with beautiful views.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 55
8. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

What is your religion? That would help to know about it too.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
reviews: 70
9. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

Hi Timbitgirl.

One place that comes to mind that might be a consideration for your vow renewal is Île d'Orléans. It is only a 15 minute drive from Quebec City and it is lovely. It is a very peaceful area and has a country setting. I have never been there in September, but I can imagine with the leaves starting to change colour it will be beautiful. There is one place I can picture there... it is a gazebo overlooking the water and I think it is at a B & B, but I am not 100% sure of that.

quebecregion.com/en/…

Best wishes.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
reviews: 33
10. Re: Vow renewal - suggestions

northerndecorator, the gazebo you are talking about is at La Goeliche, an inn and restaurant in Saint Petronille on the island. It does have views looking back towards Quebec City and yes it is a great spot. The island itself is wonderful and I agree with your suggestion.

JDP

Reply to: Vow renewal - suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted