We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raining day in Quebec City

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Raining day in Quebec City

Our ship will stay Quebec this coming weekend, forecast is 40% shower on Sunday, is any suggestion for visit Quebec on a raining day ?

Should we stay on the ship whole day ?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 17
11. Re: Raining day in Quebec City

I am with JDP, the falls are nice but you can see them from your ship. They also will take quite a bit of time out of your day and there is so much in QC that is more lovely than the falls. Plus you will have seen lots of water!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
12. Re: Raining day in Quebec City

Plus the trip to the Fall will probably be a tour sold and organized by the cruise ship so really overpriced. Why pay when you can have so much around for free or almost. The funicular cost around $3 and Museum of Civilization offers a combo with Centre d'Interprétation de la Place Royale and the Musée de l'Amérique Française for $22 or only $7 for the Centre alone if the sun shines and you prefer walk around instead of visiting museums.

Quebec City, Canada
13. Re: Raining day in Quebec City

I agree with all the above, I would definitely skip the Montmorency Fall if I had limited time in Québec City. You should walk down Petit Champlain which will be about a 5 minutes walk from your ship, then you can take the funicular up to Château Frontenac and then make your way up to the Grande Allée where there is the parliament and many restaurants and cafes.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
reviews: 79
14. Re: Raining day in Quebec City

Hi Jennifer,

If you are interested in art - another suggestion is to take a taxi to the Museum of FIne Arts. There are usually special exhibits showing as well as their permanent stuff. And one of the highlights besides the art, is the amazing restaurant on site. It is a very chic place and the food is delicious. On Saturdays and Sundays they have a brunch from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00.

www.mnba.qc.ca/Afficher.aspx…

Regardless, don't stay on the ship all day when there are so many interesting things to do in Quebec City.

Good luck.

www.mnba.qc.ca/Afficher.aspx…

15. Re: Raining day in Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2013