We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Which Quebec City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Help! Looking for 3-4 week French immersion course at a serious school in Quebec City. Can someone please make a recommendation. Intermediate student looking for really intense program.

Thanks!

PT

Quebec PQ
reviews: 23
1. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

When are you hoping to attend? If you are looking for next summer then I would strongly recommend you go to the program at Laval University which is really worthwhile. They have a few possibilities.

If right now, I would suggest you still go check out Laval and see what they can offer.

Rimouski (Québec)
reviews: 2
2. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Bonjour,

Although not in Quebec City, the University of Western Ontario French Language School offers french language programs in Trois-Pistoles some 240 km east of Quebec.

http://www.uwo.ca/cstudies/tp/

Robert

Princeton, New...
3. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

did you find one? I am looking for recommendations for my college-age French students. Merci beaucoup.

Quebec, Canada
reviews: 128
4. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

There is also a good program at UQTR (université du Quebec à Trois-Rivieres) just between Montreal and Quebec city.

https:/…

As Trois-Rivieres is not a big city, when students go out they have to speak french since most of the population doesn't speak english

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
5. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Edit: I second the suggestion of Laval University http://www.elul.ulaval.ca/sgc/FLE/lang/en_CA

Edit: They are smart, at University of Western Ontario! Offering French language course in such a beautiful setting as Trois-Pistoles, where they are absolutely sure not to meet any English-speaking local anywhere, best opportunity for students to use their skills right away. And locals speak a good French too.

Edited: 9:58 pm, February 28, 2012
Princeton, New...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

does anyone know of opportunities for adults (waaaaay beyond college years!) for French immersion? Thanks!

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
7. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

Laval University welcomes people of all ages. If their summer program is too long for your liking, I know of another French immersion school, in Québec City. I have no idea what it is worth though:

www.ecolequebecmonde.ca/home.php…

Calgary, Canada
8. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

If you're looking for serious top quality French courses for small groups,

LINGUABEC is an EXCELLENT option.

I strongly recommend it.

They create customized French language programs according to your needs, anytime of the year, for any lenght, at any level.

Awesome.

http://www.linguabec.com/index-en.html

Edited: 7:23 pm, April 30, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
9. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

We are french canadian natives and a host family serving the french immersion private schools in Quebec City for 6 years. We have hosted tens of french learning students. We help and discuss daily with the students attending various schools. We can assess the progress and learning curve of the students. In our opinion we rank the french immersion schools in Quebec City from best to worse :

1. Quebec-Monde

2. BLI - Bouchereau Lingua International

3. Estrie : École de langue de l'Estrie

4. Édu-Inter (as languagevacation.com, as learnfrenchinquebec and others).

We generally see faster and better progress in the french learning from both the #1 and #2. #4 does not deliver completely on what is advertised or promised.

Texas
reviews: 4
10. Re: Recommendations please for best French immersion course in Q

are there any programs for the older student (as in retired)?