We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother of the bride dress shopping

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. John's, Canada
reviews: 11
Mother of the bride dress shopping

Hi all

I will be spending 6 days in the Montreal, Quebec City and Beaupre parts of Quebec in a few weeks. I am travelling with my mom and we are looking for some stores with mother of the bride dresses that we can visit. I'm getting married in November and my mom is having a tough time finding anything locally as options are limited. Suggestions are welcome :)

Edited to add that we will have a vehicle.

Thanks!

Edited: 8:38 pm, June 03, 2014
13 replies to this topic
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 17
1. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

St Hubert Street, in Montreal, is traditionally wedding dress shopping paradise, tons of "mother of the bride" options there too.

For a bit different, Simons on St Catherine Street offers some lovely dresses.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
2. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

I don't know about Montreal, but in Toronto a lot of people travel to Buffalo to get their wedding dresses and bridal accessories, is there a Montreal equivalent?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 17
3. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Not really. Plattsburgh is our cross border shopping option, but it really pales in comparison to Buffalo or Syracuse.

Though I will say Montreal really does have very good clothes shopping, it has many high end stores that you do not find in the rest of Canada.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 37
4. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Saint-Hubert Plaza (on st-hubert street) is the destination for bridal and prom wear.

If you dont necessarily want a traditional mother of the bride dress and just want something fancy (which you can re-wear), You can go to Simons on Sainte-Catherine, Ogilvy or BCBG. Laura boutique is also a good place as they will have evening dresses that are suited for mature women.

laura.ca/Categories/…5e135

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 11
5. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Thank you for you all the suggestions! Is there still a Bay in Montreal? We'll probably try there as well.

Thanks again!!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 37
6. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Yep there is still The Bay on Sainte-Catherine. Actually it's a great place to look.

liban
reviews: 2
7. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Hello ,

As I was in Decarie square Center ( Namur metro station) I found a shop that sells evening gowns , very nice dresses .its called Elisabeth Francelle , vetements chics pour femmes

Address : centre d'achat Carre Decarie, 2nd level . Montreal

Prices from 200$ and up.

montreal
reviews: 14
8. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Melanie Lynn also has a lot of evening/mother of the bride type dresses.

www.melanielyne.com/en/stores/index.spy

montreal,canada
reviews: 6
9. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Another vote for St-Hubert street. Lots of bridal shops there. Also great choices for prom dresses etc. Street parking available and not far from a metro (subway ) station.

Pointe Claire...
reviews: 8
10. Re: Mother of the bride dress shopping

Don't go there! They selectively choose their own store hours without warning their customers. I drove from a distance only to discover their doors locked. No posting of hours are marked anywhere. Apparently, according to neighbouring stores in the mall, they are only open when they feel up to it. Such audacity!!!! Don't spend your hard earned money there. They don't deserve it!!!

Reply to: Mother of the bride dress shopping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted