We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 37
good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

Hi,

wondering if anyone had ideas on a good place to eat (medium budget, not huge splurge like Europea, but nice) near the Sofitel downtown. It will be our first night and we won't have our bearings yet so I'd like to stay in walking distance.

Type of food is less important than good eating/not a chain restaurant. Sorry if that is so vague.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 4
1. Re: good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

The Renoir at Sofitel is great. If this is too $, plenty of cheap(er) eats around. Try l'entrecote st jean on peel if you like entrecôte, or further down peel, have the pizza at Anton & James or a burgers, etc at upscale retro diner de Ville accross the street from a&j. I would generally avoid crescent street for restaurants.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
2. Re: good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

Usually Platipus and I differ on our recommendation but not this time as I was thinking of L'Entrecôte Saint-Jean even before reading his reply. But be aware of the very limited menu: only NY strip steak done the French way i.e. served with a salad, french fries and sauce. Also possibility of including soup and yummy profiteroles to end your meal. Nice bistro decor too.

Beside that, also in a carnivorous mode, Le Milsa ofer all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse specialties. Affordable if you don't splurge on the booze as it is this way that they make their money. Located on Bishop Street.

New York City, New...
reviews: 37
3. Re: good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

thanks to both of you for the speedy response. this is why I love tripadvisor!

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
4. Re: good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

Or try mr steer on ste Catherine or Reubens for smoked meat.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
5. Re: good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

A great upscale burger spot nearby is m:brg on Drummond street. You can eat at the bar. Great for solo eating. They have Kobe beef burgers - sorry tristou and other vegetarians !!

6. Re: good place for casual dinner near the Sofitel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 14, 2014