We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abandoned or disused

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 8
Abandoned or disused

Hi everyone!

I'm a photographer and am working on an ongoing series of abandoned and disused places and buildings. Does anyone know of any buildings or places (which I might be able to enter and photograph?).

I grew up in Montreal and have been living in Australia for the last 8 years. I am heading back to visit my family at the end of July. I'm still very familiar with the city, street, metro stations etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Re: Abandoned or disused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:15 pm, July 01, 2013
SE Ontario
reviews: 9
2. Re: Abandoned or disused

georgiastatenisland - this forum is about Montreal and the OP's question refers to sites there... not NYC ...

staten island
reviews: 27
3. Re: Abandoned or disused

I know. I posted it in the correct forum, same question and removed this one. Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 25
4. Re: Abandoned or disused

The old Mirabel Airport would be a perfect locale for pictures of abandoned and disused,,kinda creepy out there as this video shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylvDf707I5E

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 597
5. Re: Abandoned or disused

it's the music in that video on youtube makes it so creepy!

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
6. Re: Abandoned or disused

I don't know of anything as I'm not from Montreal but perhaps there are some abandoned warehouses down by the port? Maybe somebody else who knows the port better than I would know of something around there.

Maybe I watch too many movies but it seems there are always abandoned buildings at city waterfronts!! I mean, where else are they gonna take some guy to get whacked!!!

Good luck.

Edited: 3:12 pm, July 01, 2013
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 255
7. Re: Abandoned or disused

There are a number of mills on the waterfront, but entry isn't exactly legal... and there is a guy in town who is an expert in the tunnels around the city. I think they talked about him on Spacing.

reviews: 8
8. Re: Abandoned or disused

Thanks everyone. I hadn't thought of Mirabel. I wonder if there is a way for me to enter the building. I might try and contact the council and see.

There were a lot of old warehouses, in the old port and also in the new griffintown, but sadly they are all being converted into chic condos.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Edited: 8:30 pm, July 01, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 37
9. Re: Abandoned or disused

Griffintown (walking distance from Old Montreal) has many abandoned buildings. Slowly being refurbished/re purposed.

These are abandoned manufactures in Old Port as well, though trespassing is illegal and i think the police presence is more fierce.

10. Re: Abandoned or disused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 05, 2014