We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Montreal to Ottawa- Help please! :)

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wolfville, Canada
reviews: 28
Bus from Montreal to Ottawa- Help please! :)

Hi everyone, I need some help figuring out which bus/stations to leave from in Montréal and arrive at in Ottawa. We are travelling on a Wednesday in August. We are staying at L'Hotel in Old Montreal and I need to know the nearest bus station. Also, we are staying at the Fairmont Château Laurier in Ottawa, so I would like to know the best station of get off at.

Is Greyhound the best line to go with? And am I safe booking the day we want to leave, or should book our bus tickets in advance? (We were originally thinking about taking the train, but have been advised that the bus would be a better option?)

Thanks in advance! :)

Montreal
reviews: 31
1. Re: Bus from Montreal to Ottawa- Help please! :)

The main bus depot in Montréal is at the Berri-UQAM metro station. Check the greyhound.ca website... Check the Schedule ... they list all the stops they do in Ottawa... or just ask the driver for Château Laurier.. Worse case, you'll take a taxi for a short distance if it's far (I doubt) from a bus stop.

They have discounts when advance purchase...

https:/…

I think the train is better, more comfortable ... but you know,, to each his own!

Edited: 6:37 pm, May 08, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
2. Re: Bus from Montreal to Ottawa- Help please! :)

You don't need to buy your tickets in advance if you don't want to as it is on a first come first serve basis with service every hour on the hour from very early in the morning to around midnight. Just plan arriving around 40 minutes in advance.

The intercity bus terminal in Montréal is the Gare d'autocars de Montréal. It is located at 1717 Rue Berri, just north of the former terminal. From LHotel you can take the métro at either Square Victoria or Place d,Armes. Just a few stops to Berri/UQAM station. There you will see the sign leading you to the terminal but the escalator is actually in the old building so you will end up walking through and all fenced off building and with ups and downs. It the Berri Street exit is open it would be better to use it and just walk half a block north on the sidewalk to the new terminal entrance.

In Ottawa the bus makes 3 stops, one for Ottawa University, one downtown, I think that it is at Dalhousie and finally one at the terminal. The downtown stop will entail about 5 to 10 minutes walking to the Château Laurier but it can be cumbersome with luggage and it might be difficult to hail a cab in the area. So you could exit at the terminal and take a cab waiting in line, should cost you about $10/$12. Mtl, from LHotel to Gare d'Autocars it should be $10 or a wee bit less.

Wolfville, Canada
reviews: 28
3. Re: Bus from Montreal to Ottawa- Help please! :)

Thanks!!!

4. Re: Bus from Montreal to Ottawa- Help please! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014