We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help which Marriott Hotel

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Help which Marriott Hotel

Will be taking a cruise out of Montreal and will be arriving two days early to tour the city a bit. I'm wondering which Marriott hotel I should stay at. Please help with your suggestions please. I'm flying into YUL and will need to get to the pier afterwards.

Marriott Spring suites

Marriott Chatgeau Champlain

Marriott Courtyard

thanks.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 4
1. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

Chateau Champlain is the best, but the springhill suites is in old Montreal, so you may prefer this. There is also a nice and new Marriott at the airport and it is next to and connected with the USA departures.

montreal
2. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

the 3 are not far from each other from the pier, km 1,50, 1,35, and the close in bye is .30km or less than half a km, is like platipus says springhill suite.

Montreal
reviews: 83
3. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

In general, unless you prefer comfort over location, I would choose the Springhill suite as it 's right in the old part of the city. That being said, depending on the time of the year you come, the Courtyard might be a very good option as it's right in the festival district so a lot of the activities occur right around the corner. Both the Courtyard and the Chateau Champlain are located downtown and close to shopping center and ste-catherine so depending on what you are looking for they may be good option as well.

Overall the entire downtown area is not very big so you can easily walk between everything as well if it's a nice day.

florida
4. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

I will be vacationing in mid July.

Montreal
reviews: 83
5. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

OK in that case maybe the Courtyard would be close to the action if you want to enjoy the festival scene. This hotel is about 5min walk from where most of the outdoors shows are held in the summer.

florida
6. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

That's funny you should suggest the Courtyard. I actually have a free night I could use there. Just hesitate that it was the wrong location compared to

Springhill suites in old montreal.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
7. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

Well from what I see on the Net the Courtyard Downtown isn't open yet! Opening Spring 2013! Do not confuse with Courtyard Airport.

So it will be fairly new when you come and well located. From spring to mid-July they will have enough time to iron the kinks so, well. it will be new so probably better appointed and new matresses, etc and with a free night... I would certainly go for it.

florida
8. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

what do you think about the location of the Residence Inn Montreal Westmount

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 4
9. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

First it is not in westmount but adjacent to it. Not as nice at what i recommended you. Also adjacent to a poor neighborhood, quite multiethnic near Concordia university but safe. Not the best / most interesting location for a first time visitor but you will pay less than in old Montreal. Lots of cheap eateries but not gourmet food and not representative of Montreal as a fine dining destination. If you have the $ stay in old Montreal or at the chateau Champlain.

florida
10. Re: Help which Marriott Hotel

One last question, can you walk between old Montreal and downtown Montreal? Basically, is the Chateau in walking distance from the pier like the Spring suite is?