We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 1
Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Anyone ever stay at this place? It is twined with the Hilton Garden Inn next door (380 sherbrooke west) and you get use of HGI pool, sauna, jacuzzi, terrace etc.... Got a phenominal deal and the suites/luxury apts look really nice.

If anyone has stayed here, how was it? Merci!

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 261
1. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Are they renting for less than 30 days? Because they are certainly not indicated that they are licenced on BonjourQuebec.com (and no the Hilton's licence doesn't cover the rental of apartments, they are rated only as a hotel.)

Montreal, Canada
2. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Yes, i found them on cheaptickets.com and also in the vacation rentals section here which is basically called house trip i believe.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 20
3. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

I would be concerned. Call the Hilton and ask them about the condos. If they are not licensed for tourism it is not a good way to go at all.

Remember house trip, and sites like that, do not check the legality of the places they list, just too many to do the research on. Tripadvisor lists many illegal, and legal, rentals world over. This makes it hard for the consumer to know what is what.

Montreal, Canada
4. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

yea i did and they said they are separate from the luxury apartments as far as housekeeping and maitenence but that we have privileges as far as the pool, jacuzzi and gym for free, and free internet and cable, There are reviews about the place on a site i found and most are very positive, seems the only negatives were the check in is only between 4-6pm and at 279 sherbrooke (the main office of montreal stays) and if you come late you have to go to another location to get keys, and other negative was very few bathroom supplies and towels, But aside from that it seems the places are very nice with amasing views

Edited: 9:20 am, November 19, 2012
Montreal, Canada
5. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

update, called montreal stays (owner/managemnt company of the building) and they indeed have my reservation and confirmed use of hilton pool, jacuzzi and gym as well as free local calls, free internet and cable and i asked about a getting a high floor with a nice view and she said the apts start at floor 25 and up and all have gorgeous views of montreal for sure. I asked for earlier check in and she said to stop by earlier to the rental office and if unit is ready, for sure can have earlier but if not then 4pm it will be ready for sure. Also possible for noon checkout but not guaranteed until that morning, depending on check-ins that day.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
6. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Cool. Did you ask if they are licensed and inspected by the Quebec government

For stays of under thirty days? That is what separates the legal from less than legal.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 261
7. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

@BogWoppit, I checked BonjourQuebec.com and this is an illegal rental if it is rented for less than 30 days.

We have had several run-ins on this board in relations to that company... for example:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155032-i51-k45589…

There are a number of threads that have been deleted, including from some owners. There is at least one YELP review as well.

Essentially, no one in Quebec is allowed to rent for less than 30 days without CITQ inspection, a special plaque on the front of the building and registration for tax.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
8. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

As I suspected. If it was legal this place would be me tinned way more often.

New York City, New...
9. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Worst experience in my life

There is no concierge service at all, only a phone# until 5PM. Hot water working intermittently (no one came for repair), no towels for the pool, no personnel to speak with. We unfortunately decided to travel with our babies (3 month and 1 year old babies) as a last minute plan and were placed in a small room, small bed which was not what we paid, we paid for a 1BA with king bed and they gave us a studio with full bed. We called the concierge on arrival -> voicemail. Next day, a very rude staff refused to give us a bigger room and were offered to leave the hotel (with 2 babies on thanksgiving day!). As American citizens, this was an insult for us, specially for our culture in such important day. Can I say more? Very ANTI-FAMILY!! There are so many options in Montreal, we will never stay here again.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
10. Re: Montreal Luxury Apts 400 Sherbrooke West

Sadly you get what you pay for. It is cheap and not legal. Sorry you had your holiday ruined.

That place is not legal for stays under thirty days and as we constantly remind tourists, these places are not to be trusted.