We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
home sweet home
reviews: 8
Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

arrive after 6 pm on a Wednesday and staying at the Hyatt. We have to get up really early the next morning, so like to find a restaurant for dinner around the area, walking distance if possible.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. price range under $30-40/person.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 226
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

F Bar - Probably my favourite on this list. Reservations mandatory. Menu is divided in two, Portugese fare. Location is great, shared with Brasserie T down the street.

Brasserie T - A low end version of Toque, by Normand Laprise (see Toque below) with a brasserie (ie simplified) menu. Location is great, next to F Bar.

St-Hubert BBQ - Inexpensive Montreal barbecue chicken

Baton Rouge- Copy of the US Houston's chain

Le Latini - Italian

Toque - Open up your pocketbook, dump out money, eat. Expensive. Personally, the food is great, but there seem to be no common thread to the dishes.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 53
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

At the price range you are looking for Andiamo on Beaver Hall Hill will fit perfectly. The restaurant makes most of it's business at lunch so they keep the same Tables d'Hôtes menus at the same price for dinner. One of the best underrated quality/priceratio that you can find at night. There is also an alll you can eat fish and seafood bar (cooked the way you want) with appetizer included for $40

Same $40 will bring you a special at the brother restaurant Beaver Hall that includes half a bottle of winef per person. It is located only a few doors away from Andiamo on the same Hill. The menu is more French bistro/brasserie than Andiamo which is Med with a strong fish slant. Curiously, since they are in the exact same area, business at night seems to have growned better at Beaver Hall since there is not the same Table d'Hôte offers like Andiamo.

By the way Le Latini is one of the most expenive restaurant in Mtl, as much as Toqué if not more so be aware that it is not your typical Italian neighbourhood restaurant.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
reviews: 4
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

St Hubert. No need to walk outside

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 226
4. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

@Rick - Really? I haven't been to Latini. Is it worth the money?

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 435
5. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

I would not put the Latini in the $30-40 range. I have been eating there since the early 80s. It used to be affordable and great. But that changed a long time ago when they rebuilt the place. No wonder Moreno (the owner) has a Ferrari in his living room! But certainly the most extensive Italian wine selection in town.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 53
6. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

Yes Le Latini is expensive and usually only the regulars (movers and shakers) will get super duper service. The others might feel intimidated a bit.

The places folow the traditional form of Itailan fine dining:

antipasto, primi, secondi and contorno and dolci & formagiio. The pasta bowls are prepared in that fashion so at least 50% less than what we are used to here. The contornos are also billed separately form the plain main course (secondi) . And the owner can go around offering a few drops of 25 y.o.. Aceto Balsamico di Modena on your strawberries or some shavngs of white truffles on your pastas but the price tab will then become stratosphéric since, indeed, the wines à la carte are very expensive.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
reviews: 98
7. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

"I haven't been to Latini. Is it worth the money?"

In short -- no.

I second the F Bar (mediterranean) or Brasserie T (casual French) suggestion. Those two have charm, window seats allow some nice views, and you will get a Montreal experience and good food. (Though I don't associate la Brasserie T with inventive and chichi Toqué -- did not see the food being similar).

Montreal, QC
reviews: 34
8. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

Your best bets for something within walking distance in that price range are definitely F Bar, with Brasserie T being a distant second.

Forget St-Hubert and Baton Rouge, unless you like uninspired, generic food. You definitely don't wanna end up there if you're from out of town.

9. Re: Restaurant Suggestions near the Hyatt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, December 16, 2013