We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas market(s)

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Christmas market(s)

Hello! Does anyone know what time the Christmas markets will start up this year? I've tried a few internet searches but keep hitting a lot of old articles from prior years.

Many thanks in advance.

CJA

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 55
1. Re: Christmas market(s)

Christmas markets?

What are you looking for in particular?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
2. Re: Christmas market(s)

There is no traditional outdoor Christmas Market in Montréal but one in Longueuil, on the South Shore. The English portion of the website is under construction so that might explain the old hits that you got. But it is fully operational in French and it will take place on Saturdays and Sundays Dec 1, 2 and 8, 9, and also on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays Dec.14, 15, 16 and 21, 22 et 23.

•Fridays: 16h to 20h

•Saturdays : 11h to 20h

•Sundays: 11h to 18h

Beside that you have the untraditional Nutcracket Market at Palais des Congrès from Thursday November 29 to Sunday December 9 2012

■Mon to Wed– 11 h – 19 h

■Thurs & Frii – 11 h – 20 h

■Sat and Sun– 11 h – 17 h

Finally there is the huge indoor arts and Salon des Métiers d'Ar (Ars & Craft fair) at Place Bonaventure from December 7 to 22

Detroit, Michigan
3. Re: Christmas market(s)

The one that initially caught my attention was from a website referring to "...the International Traditional Christmas Village at Place Jacques Cartier in Old Montreal..."

Looks like that was an old site though. We weren't looking for any specific types of activities or items but rather just a nice place to stroll in early December that would have lights up for the holiday and a very festive feeling.

Rickb - thanks and I'll check those out!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
4. Re: Christmas market(s)

Actually I just checked for Place Jacques-Cartier and found only things from 2011. I must say that last year I never heard of it! And being a DE here a lot of tourist related material goes on my computer screen.

So I know absolutely nothing about this one and, since it made so little waves, it might not return. Which would be a shame since Place Jacques-Cartier is the place of the original open air market for the city!

Recheck by mid-november some things might pop up.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 55
5. Re: Christmas market(s)

Here's a link to various traditional markets which you might find interesting. They do things seasonally so just check the website now and again.

www.marchespublics-mtl.com/English/Atwater/

Detroit, Michigan
6. Re: Christmas market(s)

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the help and comments.

home sweet home
reviews: 8
7. Re: Christmas market(s)

Any updates on this post?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
8. Re: Christmas market(s)

http://oldmontrealextravaganza.info

home sweet home
reviews: 8
9. Re: Christmas market(s)

is this current? the post is from Dec 2011

Detroit, Michigan
10. Re: Christmas market(s)

Looks like the one from that link starts on Friday 14 Dec. Unfortunately we'll be there the 6-8, but oh well. Should still be a great time anyway!