We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, KY
reviews: 1
Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

Going to Montreal next weekend and staying at Hotel Nelligan. Have 3 full days to shop...what is worth my time and what is not? I want to avoid disposable clothing...willing to pay $ on quality and hip items for 30-something year old mom. Also looking for a shearling coat and leather handbags.

Fort lauderdale
reviews: 30
1. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

Pioneer mom, I have said it once, and will say it again, this is not NYC! If you really want good quality clothes and are willing to pay top dollars, you have chosen the wrong city in my opinion.

However since you are still coming to my city, the best thign I can tell you is to go into Cours Mont Royal which is the higher upscale mall in downtown Montreal, you will find quality clothes of brand names (D&G,Calvin,Diesel,Hugo Boss,etc). Cours Mont Royal is located at St Catherine/Peel (there is an entrance there) but even at that, this mall isnt too big. Definitely go to Ogilvys on St Catherine for good clothing and coats and leather handbags! (this would be my #1 choice is money wasnt an issue) and you can try Holts Renfew on Sherbrooke/Peel.

New York City, New...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

Pioneer Mom,

Check out the DUBUC boutique for gorgeous, one-of-a-kind designs. He is a Montreal designer. David Bowie is a fan.

I wish we could have his boutique in NYC!!

P.S. If you go, report back here on what you found...

montreal
3. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

What AB said. Frankly, Montreal sux for clothes shopping. Many of us go to the states to do that, or at least we wish we could.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
reviews: 17
4. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

It is too late now for Pioneermom, I guess, but I always had great success in shopping at Holt Renfrew. We usually got bargains during the August sales, but for quality I think it is a good choice.

For fur or shearlings, I got a coat from a furrier named Paradis on ( "fur row")-- rue Mayor, between rue de Bleury and rue City Councillors.

Boston/CT
5. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

Scarlett:

Just noticed you're from Portland..Maine or Oregon. I spent my summers in Cape Elizabeth as a kid

ornithorynx@canada.c...
6. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

You might also enjoy shopping on Laurier St., St-Denis St (where Dubuc is located, there are other Montreal designers nearby) and, to a lesser extent, Sherbrook St. around Victoria Village.

No one mentioned Holt and Renfrew on Sherbrooke St. near the Ritz Hotel - it is a mini-Bloomingdale.

Ogilvy on St-Catherine could also be interesting, although perhaps not so hip.

ornithorynx@canada.c...
7. Re: Best boutique/upscale clothes shopping?

Sorry, Scarlett did mention Holt & Renfrew.

For men's shopping, Harry Rosen store at Cours Mont-Royal could be interesting. I also like Mens on St. Catherine.