We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Marriott Downtown

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
columbus
reviews: 12
Restaurant near Marriott Downtown

Hello, everyone

I've been monitoring this site for several month in preparation of our upcoming trip this next week. Thanks to all of you, your advice will be so valuable.

We are arriving about 4pm this Friday and staying downtown. I'd like to make a restaurant reservation in advance, something close, walking distance. Any advice?

We would like something casual classy or fine dining, and enjoy all sorts of food including ethnics, seafood, pastas, french, we like it all. Price not important, but I appreciate good value.

Thanks in advance,

Binti

St. Albans, Vermont
reviews: 9
1. Re: Restaurant near Marriott Downtown

I recommend Reuben's, about a block or two up from Marriott Downtown on your left. They have largely portioned fresh dishes, mango chicken salad for example, and of course tall, tall reuben sandwiches. They also have delicious desserts! This place might not have a "fine dining" atmosphere but the food and value can't be beat. They have booths, but it is worth the diner atmosphere for quality food that is also inexpensive!!

reviews: 287
2. Re: Restaurant near Marriott Downtown

Binti:

I'm not a Montreal resident but am a repeat visitor.

Rueben's is a favourite of mine for a smoked meat sandwich and a beer, although many prefer to get their fix of this Montreal speciality at Schwartz's ( a hike for you).

If it were my FIRST meal in Montreal, I'd elect to go elsewhere. Favourites of mine include: Fierra and Alexandre on Peel and Bice.

I have not had a bad meal in Montreal. Perhaps that's just good luck. I do believe the character and ambiance of the city also makes the food taste better. I've relished just a bowl of fish soup or an omlette, some bread, and a glass of wine at one of the many sidewalk cafes. And the fries (frites)...to die for. Even better when accompanied with a plate of mussels (moules et frites). Simple well prepared food in charming surroundings can't be beat. Great value!

Don't miss an opportunity to try Montreal falafel. It's cheap and delicious-much better than I've had anywhere, including the Middle East.

ornithorynx@canada.c...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Restaurant near Marriott Downtown

If you like steak and price is not an issue, try Queue de Cheval, nearby. This is Montreal's version of Morton's.