We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burlington to Montreal. Car, bus or train

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Rico
reviews: 1
Burlington to Montreal. Car, bus or train

Hello:

Im interested to visit Montreal for around 3 days. I work in an airline and I can flight to Burlington not to Montreal.

I was thinking in renting a car to go to Montreal but I read that you dont need a car to see the city because there's a great public transportation system.

Do you think that is better to take a bus or a train to Montreal? or rent a car?

Thanks

reviews: 148
1. Re: Burlington to Montreal. Car, bus or train

Just to clarify, I suspect you're speaking of Burlington Vermont? burlingtonintlairport.com/admin/directions.p…

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
2. Re: Burlington to Montreal. Car, bus or train

I don not think you may go from B. to Mtl by train. Google 'bus Burlington - Montreal' and you'll see your options. It takes about 2 hrs by bus. Personnally I would not care renting a car if public transportation was available at destination (as it is in Mtl), but if it is more convenient for you given the circumstances, then go for it. You will not use it in Mtl, and will face solid parking fees ...

3. Re: Burlington to Montreal. Car, bus or train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:34 pm, December 02, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
reviews: 1
4. Re: Burlington to Montreal. Car, bus or train

Defiantely avoid having a car in Montreal if at all possible. You can get everywhere on the public transit system which is pretty good. Conversely parking is expensive and just plain tricky. I understand that Platsburgh,NY is now trying to positionitself as an entry point to Canada/montreal but dont know what they offer or if bus connections exist.