We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

Which Quebec hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

I thought you might be interested to know that the foliage is litterally bursting into flashy oranges and reds, in the heights of Bellechasse county (see your post at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155032-i51-k745543-Autumn_leaf_drives_around_Montreal_Quebec_City-Montreal_Quebec.html)

I drove on roads nr 279 south to St-Damien, Armagh, Buckland, St-Philémon, down to St-Camille, near the US border, and back up north through the road nr 281 this afternoon: colours are at their peak in the heights (St-Philémon, Armagh), and very near to their peak at lower altitude (St-Lazare, St-Raphael) where they are likely to be top reds within a week.

And the smell from the trees, and the evergreens around was just fantastic ...

NC
reviews: 6
1. Re: Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

Eirelover, We will be in Quebec for only 3 days October 3-5. Staying at Hotel Quebec INN. This is our first trip to Quebec Any advise about this hotel, where to dine and what to do in only 3 days will be apprecaited. Thank you

Atlantic Canada
reviews: 17
2. Re: Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

Wow Eirelover, already? I wish they would wait until the long weekend ;) (or that the long weekend would be earlier!) In southern New Brunswick the leaves are just starting to turn. Thank you so much for sharing this information - i will keep this itinerary (and dates) for future reference for myself, but pass it along to some family members who are closer to Quebec and might be able to enjoy the drive this coming weekend.

Happy fall! :)

Quebec City, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
reviews: 2
3. Re: Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

FrancNord: when is the peak period for foliage, in southern New Brunswick? If you pass the info to family members closer to Quebec City: the peak colors are more likely to be found at lower altitude (northern part of Bellechasse county) e.g. St-Lazare, St-Damien, St-Raphael this week-end, my guess is that closer to the US border the best will be over. I, too, would like them to wait 'til the long week-end... well, at least the snowy geese should be around by then, to kinda compensate.

SamLee: what kind of restaurants would you like? Approximate price range (economical, around $30 per person, or wanna splurge? French? ''Ethnic''? or what?). Will it be your 1st visit to Québec City? Will you have a car and will to use it a bit or not at all? What kind of acutivities would you like to be suggested, apart from sightseeing the Old Town?

NC
reviews: 6
4. Re: Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

Eirelover, Yes, this is our first time to Canada. We expect dinner to be costly. French food is on our list. We are packing casual clothes. No restaurant requiring coat and tie please. We only have 2 nights 3 days so we plan to sight see in or close to Quebec. What do you know of the Hotel Quebec INN? We booked from the website.

Atlantic Canada
reviews: 17
5. Re: Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

In southern NB, the last weekend of September is usually the best time. Of course every year is slightly different. Not much reds in the extreme south, near the bay of Fundy - the colors are better along the St. John river valley, and much better up north where the maples abound (fall is a great time to hike up Mount Carleton, near Saint-Quentin).

6. Re: Message to FrancNord re: fall road trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 18, 2009