We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI

Which Summerside hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pickering, Canada
Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI

Wondering if anyone has rented the Raspberry beach house cottage in Fernwood PEI and if so your thoughts on your experience on the area, cottage, etc.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
1. Re: Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI

I haven't rented that cottage or swam at that beach, but my family has a cottage nearby (in the next cove over) and I've been visiting that area my whole life. Every time I visit, I cycle over to the Seacow Head lighthouse (which is walking distance from Sunset Beach cottages). There is a great view of "The Bridge" in the distance from Sunset Beach. The beach is as advertised on their website - the water gets very warm because of the sand bars, and is a nice, sandy beach, perfect for kids. Summerside is about a 20 minute drive away (for grocery stores, beer stores etc.) however there is also a convenience store in the village at Bedeque. The area is quite centrally located, so a good base for touring, and it's quite rural and picturesque.

Pickering, Canada
2. Re: Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI

Thank you for the insight, sounds like a great area for us.

I did not realize that there are a few "raspberry" cottages in PEI so thought I should include the link I am looking at

http://www.peicountrycottages.ca/index.htm

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
3. Re: Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI

Yes, that is the one I found, using google, that is located near our family cottage. Another nearby cottage rental operation, which is located on "our" beach (which is longer than Sunset Beach) is http://auchinleck.ca/cottages .

Prince Edward...
reviews: 29
4. Re: Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI

Make sure you eat at Maplethorpe Cafe in Bedeque ...

great little spot with a classy and welcoming chef!

Reply to: Raspberry cottage in Fernwood PEI
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Summerside