We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days on Prince Edward Island

Which Prince Edward Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manistique, Michigan
reviews: 60
2 days on Prince Edward Island

Planning a trip to Nova Scotia in late August of this year. We will have 2 days to spend on Prince Edward Island. I love photography and the little fishing villages I see online. My husband and I both like the outdoors and would be up for kayaking. We are in our late 40's. Can anyone give us an idea which way to head on the island for the 2 days we have there?

Boston...
reviews: 3
1. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

I would recommend the north shore. If you head to North Rustico there is a cute fishing village there, and a kayaking company there as well (it's called Outside Expeditions). From North Rustico you can drive west along Route 20 and you'll pass by a number of other little fishing villages. Just keep in mind they are little! You'll pass by Stanely Bridge, New London and French River. Cabot Park is another cute little one, and it borders on a Provincial Park and beautiful sand dunes. All of these are along the same route which just follows the coast. it's beautiful!

Manistique, Michigan
reviews: 60
2. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

Thank you! I was looking in that area, it looks beautiful!

Charlottetown...
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
reviews: 56
3. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

Ditto Globalwander. North Rustico would probably be your best bet or Stanley Bridge. The alternative is probably Victoria By The Sea and they have a great little outfit that even does kayak tours. Have a look http://www.bytheseakayaking.ca/

Certainly no shortage of fishing villages to explore during your time on Prince Edward Island. North Shore is probably the most scenic, but Victoria offers great views of the Confederation bridge among other sights. Good luck.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
4. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

A really cute authentic fishing village is called North Lake. I'd stop there. It's close to the eastern tip of the island....and while there, go visit the eastern tip. It's beautiful. In the same area is Basin Head Park which is a great place to swim.

5. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, March 22, 2013
charlottetown, pei
6. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

Are you driving or are you on transit. We offer a wide range of things to see here on PEI. The north shore is about the best bang for the amount of time you have here. The Dunes are beautiful and full of wildlife to photograph as well as Brakly beach is an adventure in itself. Not very far away you have small fishing village of North Rustic and they offer Kayaking as well as great resturants and craft shops. There are privet tour companies that give great tour of this area and you get to see the highlights of the ara and dont miss anything. If you are looking for a guide i would reccommend looking in the city of ch'town tour guide books walk and sea. this is a great book and offers many ideas for your stay with us.

7. Re: 2 days on Prince Edward Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014