We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Peterborough
reviews: 4
Where to stay

We are a family of four planning on visiting this lovely island. My wife and I have not been in over 20 years, this is the first trip for our children (ages 9 & 12).

Could someone recommend whether we should stay put in one location or stay in several. Or maybe make it a two-centre holiday. We will have two full weeks. We will be looking at renting an inexpensive cottage or cabin, as close to the water as possible.

Can anybody recommend something of around $700/wk.

We will be coming likely next July, 2006.

We are so looking forward to our trip and hope to see some real estate as we are considering retiring to the island in ten years.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Halifax
1. Re: Where to stay

Can't say it enough: try www.peiplay.com

$700/week will give you a 2-star cottage in the main area for kids, the Cavendish area, and maybe a 3 star elsewhere on the island.

I'd highly recommend staying at Fairways Cottages in Cavendish. Super clean and comfortable, has a pool, 2 mins away from everything. They don't take resaervations for 2006 until after Jan 1 2006, and the phone apparently rings off the hook the first few weeks, which speaks to people returning for a repeat visit. The rates may be a little more than you said you wanted to pay (it's around $1200/week for a 2 bedroom, but it includes passes to various attractions, and you can choose to cook own meals or BBQ). Try for the newest cottage (is it #13? I can't remember).

Alberta
reviews: 42
2. Re: Where to stay

Are you wanting just to stay in PEI, or do you want do see some of the other Maritimes? And are you flying to PEI?

If you are just wanting to stay in PEI, Clark's Sunny Isle Motel in Summerside is a nice looking place. I am staying there when I come to PEI next summer and it is around $72.00 per night for 2 Queen size beds. It also has 20 acres of gardens, and a free breakfast.

Hope This Helps!

BTD

Alberta
reviews: 42
3. Re: Where to stay

Drat

I forgot to give you the website for Clark's Sunny Isle Motel. It is

www.sunnyislemotel.com

Sorry!

Toronto,Ontario
4. Re: Where to stay

I highly recommend "The Banbridge Inn" in Charlottetown. My family and I stayed there this summer and had a lovely time, we are already planning our trip to PEI for next summer and plan on staying at the Banbridge again. We stayed for 8 days at the Banbridge and it proved to be a great location for which to explore the whole island. If you're staying for 2 weeks you could easily stay there for 2 weeks, or if you wanted to try a cottage somewhere you could do that for a week but I think it would be an excellent idea to stay in charlottetown for a week at least. The closest beach from charlottetown is only a 15 minute drive. One day we did a road trip to Souris/East Point (the most eastern tip of PEI) and that was only and hour long drive....so charlottetown proved it is ideally central for exploring doing day-trips etc to many different places on the island. My family and I were going to rent a cottage but they were to pricey, but we ended up staying in a very nice,cozy Suite (at the Banbridge Inn), which was very spacious (separate bedroom, bathroom, separate kitchen/dining area, and livingroom area. The kitchen was great because we could cook our own meals, and saved a lot of $$$ by not eating out a lot). If you're set on staying in a cottage, Shaw's hotel has some lovely cottages I've heard.

Toronto
reviews: 1
5. Re: Where to stay

Our family stayed in PEI for 2 weeks this summer at a private cottage we found on www.vrbo.com. There are dozens of listings for cottages throughout the island, almost all of which have photos to view - in my opinion an imperative when looking at private rentals. We would absolutely use this service again.

Prince Edward...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Where to stay

Hi George

andi 's right , check the peiplay website and enter all your requirements for your stay and look in the anne's land region.

I can also recommend Malpeque Cove Cottages in Malpeque, close to a beautiful beach. Also there are great tourist apartments in the area that offer everything you are looking for for a weekly rate of $500 to $650 (CAD)per week. Since Pei is small you can easily tour the island by staying in one place.

Hope this helps .