We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bowmanville, Canada
reviews: 4
Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Can anyone recommend a breakfast joint near WFCU or the Holiday Inn at Malden & Huron Church Rd? Preferably within 5-7 minutes driving of either of these locations. Doesn't need to be fancy, just not Tim Hortons or Subway. I've been looking at some well reviewed restaurants (Cora's, Uptown, The Lumberjack) but I think they are further away than I would prefer to go...

Thank you,

Jessica

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
reviews: 51
1. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

You do realize that The Holiday Inn is in the west part of Windsor and the WFCU Centre is in the eastern part?

The Lumberjack would be about in the middle of the two, as is the Uptown.

Bowmanville, Canada
2. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Yes, I do realize that the hotel and the WFCU Center are far apart in different sections of Windsor.

Ok, will keep Lumberjack and Uptown on my list.

Any other places closer to either the hotel or WFCU Centre to recommend?

Windsor, Canada
3. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

If your are looking for a simple breakfast place a couple min from the WFCU, here are two recommendations.

1) Jerry & Jenny's Dinner is also around the corner.

maps.google.com/maps…

2) There's a new place I don't remember the name, but it's where Thai Place used to be in this Google map.

maps.google.com/maps…

Bowmanville, Canada
4. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Thanks!!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
5. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Best breakfast in Windsor IMHO is at Velvet Dairy Bar in the 1600 block of Wyandotte East.

Bowmanville, Canada
6. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Yes, the reviews do look very good, however I think the Velvet Dairy Bar is too far out of my 5-7 minute drive criteria of the WFCU.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
7. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Oh, it probably is, and that's a pity. So, within 7 minute drive of the arena. What time of day? On a weekend or during the week?

Bowmanville, Canada
8. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

Weekend, early am - need to drive from our hotel on the other side of Windsor at Malden/Huron Church Rd, eat breakfast and be at WFCU before 8:30 - 9 am on Sat & Sun... so, I am looking for something really close to either our hotel at Malden/Huron Church Rd, or the WFCU - something other than Tim Horton's - would like a real breakfast.... pancakes, and French toast, and bacon, and sausage, and eggs - yummy, getting hungry ! ..lol...

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 21
9. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

I'm assuming you're taking EC Row Expressway to get from your hotel to the arena. If you get off at the Howard North exit, there's a great breakfast joint called Tiffanys on the west side of the street right near the expressway. It would be very convenient and it's delicious!

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 84
10. Re: Recommend breakfast joints near WFCU or Holiday Inn?

I 2nd the recommendation for Tiffany's! Family run, "homecooked" meals. The "Best Breakfast" is one of their best menu items.