We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Windsor

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville
reviews: 9
Downtown Windsor

How safe is downtown Windsor in the evenings? My MIL spent much time there as a child and wants to show us around, so we're wondering how safe sight-seeing will be in the evenings.

Thanks!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Windsor
reviews: 88
1. Re: Downtown Windsor

Downtown Windsor is extremely safe in the evenings. The only trouble we tend to have is the occasional issue with drunk "teenagers" in the early morning hours.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
2. Re: Downtown Windsor

Ditto

Louisville
3. Re: Downtown Windsor

Awesome! This will make my mother-in-law VERY happy!

SE Ontario
reviews: 10
4. Re: Downtown Windsor

I think your mother-in-law is going to find downtown Windsor very different from what she remembers...

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 621
5. Re: Downtown Windsor

Other than some drunkeness in the wee hours of the morning, it's very safe...

Louisville
6. Re: Downtown Windsor

Thanks - she is aware that it will be very different. I think the site where their house was located is now a parking lot, among other things! I do think she might be expecting more shopping than what it appears might be there now, but she will still be happy to be there.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 621
7. Re: Downtown Windsor

Hope she enjoys her trip down memory lane!

Louisville
8. Re: Downtown Windsor

Thank you!

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 30
9. Re: Downtown Windsor

don't forget to visit "the coffee exchange" - various coffees and snacks; great location - v.close to new Windsor Star building /old Palace/... hard to find a table close to the street on weekends - packed with regulars... great spot to sit back and observe downtown life...

my favourite - those different teas served in cute green teapots with a mug /or two - if you feel like sharing/...

Windsor, Canada
10. Re: Downtown Windsor

You might also consider a stop by the Peace Fountain. I don't think it's changed much over the years.

Get answers to your questions about Windsor