We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

windsor-chicago

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
674 posts
31 reviews
windsor-chicago

hi,

i would like to go from windsor to chicago /union station/, is it possible /board the bus in windsor - and exit in chicago/?

i didn't do any research /from windsor/ yet, i just looked into detroit-chicago first...

but thought i give this forum a try... :)

help? :)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
60,327 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: windsor-chicago

Hi Zabbba;

Have a look at Greyhound's website.

www.Greyhound.com

Best Regards

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Windsor
Level Contributor
519 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: windsor-chicago

Officially you can start in Windsor and end in Chicago.

There are a few stops along the way but it doesn't look like you actually change buses (same route number the whole way). Windsor-Detroit-Ann Arbor-Benton Harbor-Chicago.

The link that Rescue gave you is excellent!

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,349 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: windsor-chicago

Mega Bus also goes from Detroit to Windsor. Greyhound goes from Windsor to Chicago but there will be least one transfer in Detroit.

Mega Bus might not go right to Union but it should be pretty close I would guess, you need to find out where their stops are from their websites.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13,155 posts
635 reviews
4. Re: windsor-chicago

Megabus' prices are great if you book far enough in advance...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
674 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: windsor-chicago

hey, guys, thank you very much, i'll be looking into all those links very shortly...

lastly i look into megabus - it was 33$ one way from detroit, morning july 11 /that's when i need it/

my suspicion is - from windsor - greyhound - might cost a lot more...? i'll check it out..

thank you again...

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,349 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: windsor-chicago

Last I knew Detroit to Toronto is around $70 on Greyhound. You can get it in the $50's if you book 3 weeks in advance. I never checked rates to Chicago on Greyhound, $33 isn't dirt cheap, if just a few dollars more on Greyhound it might be worth it. Mega drivers can be on the gas, on the brakes over and over. Felt like a boat ride driving through a city. Greyhound drivers are a bit slower but smoother.

If you go by Mega, it drop you off at the Rosa Parks transfer hub, the Greyhound station is a mile or so away..pretty far. The Tunnel Bus would take you where Mega Bus drops you off, at Rosa Parks Transit Center criticaldetroit.org/buildings/…

Edited: 7:59 pm, May 18, 2013
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
674 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: windsor-chicago

with our auto industry - i've never been on the long distance bus here... always the car... greyhound is a name known to me, megabus? i'm not familiar with this... just recently found the website...

i have a feeling the greyhound bus would be nicer? and also what you suggested, stillsmoking, looks like it might be a better choice, i think prices are similar, or even cheaper...

also, we want to get off at the union station - and just walk to hostelling international location - about a mile away...

anyway, thank you again for your insight, i'll check my options.... :)

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,349 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: windsor-chicago

Greyhound Canada seems a little nicer then Greyhound USA..however Greyhound does have fancy express buses on some routes, not sure if Chicago to Detroit has any express buses, I doubt it but been wrong before, lol.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
674 posts
31 reviews
9. Re: windsor-chicago

for the price and to make sure.../we have two polish visitors going to chicago.../ i think we will take the detroit-chicago greyhound /advance purchase - 30$ a piece.../ 7-11:30 /illinois time/ in chicago... sounds good...

thank you stills....

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,349 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: windsor-chicago

I wished Detroit to Toronto was $30 each way, its about the same distance...ah but Mega Bus has no buses on that route,,,,believe its something about how Ontario grants licenses for bus routes, cause when some college students tried to have a bus called the "Rocket" from London to Toronto for winter break, Greyhound sued and shut them down saying only Greyhound can have public buses on that route.