We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cool shops in windsor?

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BCcanada
reviews: 5
cool shops in windsor?

we will be staying at caesars next week and was wondering if there were cool shops to check out?

Interests:

cooking

animals

retro

BBQ

history

any ideas?

thank you

neil

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 82
1. Re: cool shops in windsor?

Not much in the downtown area for any of those interests at all. The best shop (IMO) in Windsor for cooks is Williams Food Equipment. History? The best place around (and about 20 miles from downtown) is Fort Malden. There is a very small museum in downtown (The Baby House) which features some artifacts and documents regarding the local history, particularly about the War of 1812.

There are some unique little shops in Old Walkerville along Wyandotte street as you get between Lincoln and Kildare.

I can't think of much else unique. Anyone else?

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 441
2. Re: cool shops in windsor?

There's a good tour at the Canadian Club, it has whiskey in the gift shop, so that's awesome! But the mansion is so opulent, it's worth a gander...

Windsor, Canada
3. Re: cool shops in windsor?

I didn't realize that they still had the tours. I had heard they had discontinued them. As far as the Walker Mansion, you can only view it from the outside and this is at a separate site. Hopefully you can still tour the distillery, it is/was a great tour.

Edited: 6:13 pm, February 08, 2013
Windsor, Canada
4. Re: cool shops in windsor?

I didn't realize that they still had the tours at the Hiram Walker site. I had heard they had discontinued them. As far as the Walker Mansion, you can only view it from the outside and this is at a separate site. Hopefully you can still tour the distillery, it is/was a great tour.

Edited: 6:13 pm, February 08, 2013
Windsor, Canada
5. Re: cool shops in windsor?

www.canadianclubwhisky.com/home.aspx#/…

Apparently they do still have tours. $6.00 per adult, $5.00 per senior.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
reviews: 18
6. Re: cool shops in windsor?

Good to know, thanks for the link

Windsor, Canada
reviews: 22
7. Re: cool shops in windsor?

Definitely check out Walkerville. It's not too far from downtown and has a couple of cool shops and some great restaurants. Ottawa Street also offers some unique dining places (Sweet T's is a southern bbq type place).

I don't know how long you're staying here, but a drive out to Amherstburg could be worth it.

8. Re: cool shops in windsor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 12, 2014