We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

407 ETR route for visitors from the USA

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
407 ETR route for visitors from the USA

I plan to be in the area in the near future. Based on my itinerary, driving the portion of the 407 ETR between Oakville (the 403) and the 401 would make the most sense. I am from the USA so I will not have a transponder. Can someone give me a ballpark idea how much this would cost? Will they mail me a bill in the US? Could I get a transponder for just a couple of days? My state does not have a plate on the front, will that cause a problem?

23 replies to this topic
new york
reviews: 31
21. Re: 407 ETR route for visitors from the USA

I used it again last month because I stayed close to the 407 for a night and it is much less stressful for me than the 401. I will gladly pay the $18. My only complaint is that it didn't go further toward Kitchener! Once I had to get on the 401 I was in stop and go traffic which took 30 minutes to go between 2 exits (due to construction).

London, Canada
reviews: 2
22. Re: 407 ETR route for visitors from the USA

No prices are posted because...depends on the time of day, and the day of the week..which sections you use, some are more congested than others so they charge more...it's owned by a Spanish conglomerate, and they put the prices up any time they choose..

Niagara
reviews: 22
23. Re: 407 ETR route for visitors from the USA

There is a toll calculator at

http://www.407etr.com/highway/map.html

Tolls are based on which stretch you travel on and the time of day.

Edited: 3:15 pm, September 02, 2014
Reply to: 407 ETR route for visitors from the USA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted