We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mountain View...
Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

Hi - I am flying in to Toronto tomorrow night but do not have a hotel yet. I have a rental car, so would like to find a place with free parking that is, ideally, close to the Subway. Prefer to spend $100 USD/night or less.

Any suggestions? Or is subway access not important? Otherwise I am having trouble searching for these parameters! Thank you!

Mountain View...
11. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

One other thing - any suggestions for how to get between the airport (YYZ) and hotel (Sheraton Centre)? Taxi sounds nasty ($55ish) while public transit is slow (75 minuteish). I saw that there is a downtown shuttle - but at $27 each way that's no better than a taxi since there are two of us!

Right now I'm favoring the taxi but would love to hear other options if they exist!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 71
12. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

It is very possible to rent a car in downtown Toronto... probably even with a no-charge return to the airport. Just Google your favourite rental company and look for locations in downtown Toronto. I know several major brands have an office in Union station (2 subway stops from the Sheraton).... and I'm sure there are others even closer.

Toronto
reviews: 15
13. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

You should be able to pick up a car for Niagara right at the hotel itself. If not, there are many rental places around your hotel.

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
14. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

Take the taxi to Sheraton.

Toronto is a very large city .... significantly larger than San Francisco .... there are lots of places downtown to rent a car. The concierge at hotel can point you to the closest.

Niagara and Niagare-on-the-Lake winery info is here:

http://winecountryontario.ca/

Toronto
15. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

Are there any cities of comparable size to Toronto, or even a fifth the size, that don't have car rental agencies downtown or only have them at the airport?

The Sheraton Centre is smack in the downtown core and an easy walk from two subway stations (Queen to the east and Osgoode to the west) so you'll be fine there.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
16. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

>>"Take the taxi to Sheraton."<<

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Michael;

For an additional $5 I believe, you can get a limo from the airport. (Lincoln Town Car)

Best Regards

17. Re: Need to find a hotel for tomorrow , Toronto, close to subway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, March 15, 2015