We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Toronto Hotels

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland
reviews: 1
Downtown Toronto Hotels

Hi,

I'm heading to Toronto for a week in July, and was wondering if you had any thoughts on hotels in the downtown Toronto area, We're looking for a decent hotel but one that is cost efficent as well. Let me know your thoughts.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
reviews: 31
1. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

HI, Tropicana_22;

First thought is you will need to define for us your personal criteria for "decent" and "cost effiicient". :-)

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 597
2. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

What are your plans while in Toronto?? It may help determine what part of downtown to suggest a hotel...

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 15
3. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

You have different options depending on what your price criteria is. You have the option of finding cheaper hotels near the airport but you will need a car to get to the downtown Toronto or to the subway. There are a over 118 bed and breakfast in Toronto that maybe a good financial option for you. Many of which are located along the subway line. I agree that perhaps you should plan your itinerary and then decide where you want to stay in Toronto based on that. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Newfoundland
reviews: 1
4. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

My primary reason for going to TO is for Katy Perry's concert but we decided to fly up on Monday and stay till Saturday so we do want to find something in the downtown area. Nothing exquisite like the Royal Rork, something more Long the line of the comfort inn, etc.

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
5. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

Take a look at the hotels under the green tab at top of page. You can filter the listings by location and price.

If you want specific suggestions, you must provide us with a nightly budget figure, bearing in mind that hotels in Toronto can be expensive.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 25
6. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

My favorite "decent, cost-efficient" hotel in downtown Toronto is the Courtyard Marriott Toronto Downtown (marriott.com/hotels/…). I've stayed several times and never paid more than $130/cad a night. It's not too bad of a walk to the Eaton Centre and also closeby a Frans (24/7 restaurant). Plus very close to a subway station (College Station).

Recently, I've stayed at the Howard Johnson Toronto Yorkville Hotel (hojo.com/hotels/…hotel-overview) which was decent for the cost. My first time there was an enormous room and my second time was a much smaller room (although I paid the same much both times). The closest subway station is St. George Station or Museum Station (a 5-10 minute walk).

Another suggestion, have you checked for a hotel deal on Groupon? You can usually find a good Toronto hotel on sale for under $150/night. Just be sure to read all the details (watch for blackout dates, additional taxes) but I got a great stay at the Delta Chelsea Eaton through Groupon before: http://www.groupon.com/getaways#category/USA+and+Canada.

7. Re: Downtown Toronto Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 17, 2015