We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto safety

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
reviews: 15
Toronto safety

Hi,

I am going to Toronto this month, and a few people have told me to watch out for certain neighborhoods or streets [for example Queens.] I was wondering if there is much truth to this, and should I avoid these places altogether? I hope this isn't the case, as there are places I would like to visit that involve visiting these 'dodgy' areas.

Thank you.

23 replies to this topic
21. Re: Toronto safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, February 15, 2014

new york
reviews: 31
22. Re: Toronto safety

I visit Toronto regularly, sometimes by myself. I use the subway and walk around by myself at midnight/one AM. I stay in well lit areas and avoid quiet side streets, etc. and have never felt uncomfortable. I can't think of anywhere I wouldn't go alone in the downtown area in the day time. There are a lot of homeless people or people asking for change but I don't feel that they are dangerous.

23. Re: Toronto safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, February 15, 2014

Reply to: Toronto safety
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted