We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid SIM card

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Holon, Israel
Prepaid SIM card

Hello!

I'm coming to Toronto in 2 weeks, i wanted to know where can i get a SIM card for my iPhone 5 with data only (at least 1GB), for a short period of time? the only plans i have found are for more than a month and have cancellation fees.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Toronto
reviews: 13
1. Re: Prepaid SIM card

Virgin Mobile has sim cards that you can buy for about 5.00 dollars and then use in your smart-phone pay as you go by reloading. I am not sure if those works with your iphone. You can go to their website and find out.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
2. Re: Prepaid SIM card

SIM card is free at Apple Store. All the major providers offer "Tablet" plans with data only, some of those you can use on iPhone if you override the APN.

provider's website will not tell you whehther it works on iPhone or not, because they want you to use the regular phone plans which are much more expensive.

Check online forums for details.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 17
3. Re: Prepaid SIM card

You can get date with prepaid or PAYG on smartphones. However, the data amounts may be less than you say you need - so you may have to keep topping up...

For Rogers for example you can buy data passes by the day or week but really they are for occasional users

rogers.com/web/…

raquel

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 97
4. Re: Prepaid SIM card

data only? there are many places that you can get free wifi...eg. McDonald's, Tim Hortons, public libraries, and many coffee shops. These can be your alternatives if you just need the connection from time to time.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
5. Re: Prepaid SIM card

Rogers tablet plan $20 for 500MB or $40 for 5GB. You have to find out if it works on iPhone and how to override the APN.

6. Re: Prepaid SIM card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 pm, June 25, 2014

Reply to: Prepaid SIM card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted