We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto - Lima Peru

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 23
Toronto - Lima Peru

Hi,

Which is the best airline to search for a flight Toronto - Lima Peru?

Do you know if is a non stop flight Toronto -Lima?

On the net, NOT clear the arriving dates to Lima( let's say leaving Toronto Dec 27 @1:30 p.m. or 6:20 a.m. do I arrive the same date I left Toronto? as I have to book the next flight from Lima to Cusco? must know the time of the arriving.

Thank you for your help and cooperation.

Canada

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 19
1. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

Air Canada flies direct from Toronto to Lima.

I recently did this trip, and booked with TACA with a connection through Miami. The first leg of the flight was a code share with American Airlines, and the connection was very smooth.

I booked my flight through Expedia, just looking for Toronto-Lima flights.

TACA is the national airline of Peru, and that's who you will probably use for your domestic flights. I highly recommend them.

There is only a 1 hour time change between Toronto and Lima, so if you have a morning flight, you will arrive the same day. An evening flight might have you arriving the next morning.

Enjoy your trip!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
2. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

Often on those booking site choices, you will see a tiny "+1" near the information about the arrival time. Or maybe "+1 day." That means the next day.

I like to use www.skyscanner.ca to find all the choices. On that site, on the left side, you can filter for "direct" or "1 stop." I would book directly with the airline though.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
3. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

I was told by a client that if you do not mind layovers, if you arrange a flight Toronto to Orlando, then Orlando to Lima, you can save a bundle. Not sure if that still applies, but maybe others may know if it of benefit....

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

The price difference wasn't that much different between the direct Air Canada flight, and the connecting flight I did through Orlando, but Air Canada only does an overnight flight, which didn't work for me.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

Sorry, my connection was through Miami. I did't see a lot of flights from Orlando to Lima.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 17
6. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

Currently the Air canada Non stop flight

leaves YYZ 17:20 Arrives in Lima - 00:10+1 so it is just after midnight the next day.

The return leaaave Lima t after 1 AM and gets to Toronto at abput 10 AM

For convenience, I personally would avoid a routing that changes planes in Miami.

Although Lima is one of the hubs of TACA, I don't really think it can be classed as the National Airline of Peru as such. It is from El Salvador and has over the years in the Grupo TACA absorbed the airlines of several Latin American Airlines.

raquel

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

The only AC flight I see on Dec. 27 leaves at 23:50, and arrives in Lima at 7:50 the next day.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 17
8. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

Torontokimmer,

Sorry. you are right. I did not notice the Op's departure date and looked at the current times. Schedules are always changing. Many airlines for example change when daylight savings time ends. Actually I am pretty sure that when I flew AC to Lima it was on an overnight flight. :

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
reviews: 31
9. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

We'd also recommend the overnight non-stop.

We've not flown to Lima, but we've gone Toronto to Santiago, Buenos Aires, and Sao Paulo and we've done both non-stop & with connections. We much prefer the non-stop and would actually pay a little more to not have to deal with customs and security in American airports. Also the trip is long enough as is without adding an extra couple of hours.

Overnight is great. Because we're essentially on the same time zones as most South American destinations, if you can squeeze in a few hours of sleep you arrive in pretty good shape.

10. Re: Toronto - Lima Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 23, 2013