We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Magherafelt, United...
reviews: 96
Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

So my parents are going to Toronto at the end of the month and one of the things they are looking forward to the most is visiting the falls.

They need one that can include pick up from their hotel. A local travel agent has offered an 8 hour trip for £106 each which seems like a rip off.

I googled a bit and found niagaratours.ca, has anyone ever used this site before? It says that it's $79 and you don't have to pay to the day of the trip which sounds good but I don't want it ending up a disaster.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 26
1. Re: Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

This is a review of the tour I did in 2009, from Toronto ($169US less any possible discounts available) with Toronto Tours: igougo.com/story-s1364401-Toronto-Toronto_To… .

Edited: 2:41 pm, April 03, 2012
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
2. Re: Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

Hi armedwithamind;

Before booking with torontours.ca, niagaratours.ca, etours.ca or kingtours.ca, I would suggest reading this previous post;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k28246…

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 60
3. Re: Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

A £106 each, seems a bit excessive -- specially when you can do the Chariots of Fire Tour for £90 per COUPLE! . Perhaps the agent is adding a fee for him/herself. I've personally never done any of the tours but Chariot seems to get some good reviews (although, they do seem a bit formulaic when reading them):

tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

If at all possible and your parents are up to the adventure of "driving on the wrong side of the road" -- I'd highly recommend they hire a car just for the day. It's a simple drive to Niagara Falls and it's much more fun to do at your own pace. Your parents could then leisurely tour Niagara-on-the-Lake, Fort George ( www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/on/fortgeorge/index.aspx ) and several vineyards (using the spit buckets, of course) as well as the Falls,

If they do opt to drive themselves Niagara Parks offers a 33% discount on tickets to their attractions if you buy them beforehand : http://www.niagaraparks.com/ Add in Maid of the Mist and a dinner and a show in Niagara-On-The-Lake and your parents will have a day (or better yet: two days) to remember.

Edited: 11:16 am, April 04, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
4. Re: Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

I've heard good comments about "Chariots of Fire" Niagara Falls tour ride...I live in Ontario, so have never taken a formal tour ................just driven there myself..............I think they charge approx. $60.00 per person, plus tax, kids under 3 free...................

5. Re: Best tour to Niagara falls from Toronto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 19, 2013