We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hello bikechic how did it go

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool,England
hello bikechic how did it go

hey bike chic just wondered how did your hols to toronto go its been a while since we heared from you hope it went as expeceted just thought i would drop this note to see you were back safe and sound if you'v time love to know how it went see ya around hey the results are better lately 3 on the bounce.

Liverpool
1. Re: hello bikechic how did it go

Hey LFC! I had a brilliant time, Toronto is so fabulous I wish I was still there. I was there on my own and hadn't done anything like before so I was naturally a bit unsure of what I'd do and whether I'd feel a bit funny about eating alone etc, but that just went out of the window straight away. I didn't feel 'odd' anywhere. In fact, the day trip to Niagara Falls that I booked myself on had more solo travellers than couples or groups!

I stayed at the Days Inn on Carlton Street and via this site I'd read both good and bad reviews, so I thought best to take note of both then just see for myself when I got there - well, I don't know what the other 500+ rooms were like, but mine on the 2nd Floor was really big, very nice and very clean, I honestly couldn't fault it. So that was nice and it was a stone's throw away from the subway and streetcar stop.

Found the city really easy to get around, never used a taxi once, public transport was so frequent and cheap. Only thing I was disappointed in was the Royal Ontario Museum, but granted there are two floors worth of renovations going on right now so I suppose I can't complain.

Went over to the Islands, which were beautiful and tranquil. The amusements and kiosks etc where closed for the season, but that didn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm going back again next year - September time with two friends, but we're going for about three nights then plan to fly over to Vancouver and see some of the West.

The funny thing was, one of the sports shops I passed had a Liverpool FC shirt near the window and then waiting for a streetcar outside the Wheatsheaf Pub, they had the Liverpool v Blackburn game on the TV - I was dying to go in and watch, but I had my itinery for the day and needed to stick to it! But I noticed we were 1-0 up, so that was good enough for me - it was just nice seeing the Reds on TV in Canada!

Thanks for the tips by the way and to everyone else on this forum who answered my questions along the way. Can't wait to go back.

N Ireland
reviews: 3
2. Re: hello bikechic how did it go

Glad to hear you had such a cool trip, its 26-days-and-counting until i get there, and reading your post has made me even more excited!

Toronto, Ontario
3. Re: hello bikechic how did it go

Hey LFC, thanks for asking -I was wondering too...

Bikechic, great to know you had such a good time! Thanks for posting!