We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus tour toronto to new york

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TORONTO, CANADA
bus tour toronto to new york

can anyone recommend a bus tour leaving friday coming back sunday, from toronto to new york...thanks in advancel

Toronto
1. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

I don't know if there is a tour, but you can take commercial bus or rail service to New York

Toronto
2. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

You'd probably need to look at one of the Chinese tour bus companies if you want a trip like that. Otherwise, you'd have to plan everything by yourself.

Trenton, ON
reviews: 8
3. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Have you tried the Greyhound site - they have buses coming and going all the time...

http://www.greyhound.ca/en/

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
reviews: 89
4. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Hello.

As well as Greyhound there are several private bus operator's that offer trips from Toronto to New York City and back.

Here is one company as an example.

trailwaysny.com/html/…tornyc.pdf

For more bus companies just type in 'bus tour from Toronto to New York City' in Google and others will pop up. Good luck.

Toronto
reviews: 21
5. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Two or three times a year I do this exact thing...but its not a tour. I take the express bus out of the Bus Terminal at 9:30pm either on Thurs or Friday night or and am in NYC by appr 8am. For someone that can sleep on a bus... this is a great way to travel.

You may have to check your bags at the hotel you are staying until the room is available but you are still in the city. I can usually get in 3 shows and be back on the bus either very late Sat night or Sunday. Mind you, I do this when there is a holiday Monday so I have time to recover.

Hotels are expensive hands down, but if you dont mind taking the subway /bus over to NJ... there are many very close by the stops.

Toronto
6. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Hello. Just read your blog. My daughter and I

are thinking of doing a very quick trip, like yours,

to New York. We don't mind taking the bus. I heard

about $10.00 one say sales (on a limited number of seats of course) through MEGA BUS. They don't have that many seats and the ones they have are scooped up right away. Do you know where to say for a night? We don't mind a no frills accommodation either -- I came across one - wrote it down and misplace it -- I think the name is Chelsea Hotel, very central.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Hi Gila, and welcome to TripAdvisor.

I'm not sure if you'll get an answer from the original writers of these posts, as this thread is a little over a year old.

For advice on New York City, you should check out the NYC forum here on TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d219622-…

You might want to start by typing something like "budget hotel" into the search box on that page, because I'm sure that topic comes up a lot.

Also, TripAdvisor has a section with traveller reviews -- you'll find those for the Chelsea Hotel here: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d219622-… .

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Oops, I included the hotel review link twice. The NYC forum is here: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York… .

Toronto
reviews: 21
9. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

Gila... before you book, just check out the comments on this site. There is only one hotel I know of that hands down to STAY AWAY FROM... thats 'The Carter'. Even after telling someone to not stay there they last year for the marathon they did. They walked in ... they walked out.

10. Re: bus tour toronto to new york

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 pm, May 15, 2009