We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young couple honeymoon

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DC
Young couple honeymoon

I am planning a honeymoon trip for my 28-year-old son and his bride in June. They were told that Toronto is a good place to go. Florida folks they're not interested in spending any time on an island (can't afford one anyway). Any and all suggestions welcomed. Thanks

Toronto
1. Re: Young couple honeymoon

I recommend Europe, particularly Paris. It's much more interesting and cosmopolitan than America's 51st state (Canada). Your son would have an chance to expand his mind beyond a culture that is quite similar to the US of A.

Humbly yours,

Toronto ON
2. Re: Young couple honeymoon

If they can't afford an island vacation I doubt they can afford Europe.

There is a lot to do in Toronto in the summer months, CN tower, various museums, Toronto island, depends on what they enjoy doing.

If you provide more specifics about what they enjoy I'm sure that people will provide more suggestions.

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 19
3. Re: Young couple honeymoon

tragicfigure should bite his tongue. A true Canadian would never call us the 51st state! We have our own identity Sissie and I think your son and bride would enjoy what the city and surrounding area has to offer. Unfortunately, it may not be as cheap as expected. The US $dollar is currently trading at about $1.24 CAD so they can hopefully get a bit more for their money.

The core of downtown has lots to see and do. CN Tower, Ontario place, Art Galleries, Museums, SkyDome (BlueJays), tons of nightlife and many superb restaurants. If your son is a sports fan he would enjoy booking a room at the skydome hotel with a view of the stadium. Otherwise there are many great hotels to choose from. The Royal York is the hotel the Queen has stayed in on past visits to Toronto.

Niagara Falls is 2 hours away!

Travelling north to cottage country would also be a great trip. Muskoka offers beautiful lakes and several nice resorts such as Taboo and the Cleveland House to name a couple. Collingwood is also about 2 hours north of the city and has golf, cycling, fishing, etc to offer.

Hope this helps.

Toronto
4. Re: Young couple honeymoon

If you are absolutely determined to stay on this side of the pond, may I also suggest, New York City, SanFrancisco or Washington DC. Toronto has absolutely nothing on these three cities.

Montreal also has Toronto beat by a country mile. A bit of Europe in the colonies.

Humbyl yours,

Mississauga, Canada
5. Re: Young couple honeymoon

While 'Tragicfigure' is correct with his/her statement about San Francisco - Sissie is in DC so I think that's out of the mix and New York is likely somewhere they've been

San Francisco is a wonderful city with tons to do.

'Tragicfigure'...please move out of our city! Your negativism regarding Toronto is reminiscent of a Quebec seperatist. Perhaps since you are so high on Montreal you should settle there instead.

Etobicoke, Ontario...
6. Re: Young couple honeymoon

Quebec City is a good price comprimise to Paris. Nothing really interesting that stands out for Toronto. My favourite Canadian place would be where Fairmont has resorts in Canada. Check out their website!

Toronto
7. Re: Young couple honeymoon

To FunIntheSun

I'm not negative about Toronto, it's the second best city in the colonies, maybe third, Melbourne/Sydney could give Toronto a run for its money for second place.

Everything in life is relative, and relatively speaking it doesn't rate as a honeymoon destination. Would you want to be saying in 25 years that you went to Toronto for your honeymoon? If you do.....why?

God willing sisse1's son will only have one first honeymoon, so I hope he makes it count. Go someplace to really write home about.

Humbly yours,

Tragicfigure

Toronto
reviews: 5
8. Re: Young couple honeymoon

Toronto has a great many things to offer---many mentioned already. As well, Niagara Falls and particularly Niagara-on-the-Lake are lovely in June and could easily be combined with a trip to Toronto.

But if they are after a more unique experience I would have to also recommend Quebec City---very romantic and European.

Mississauga, Canada
9. Re: Young couple honeymoon

....point taken Tragic. There are in fact many better honeymoon locations throughout the world. She did want Toronto though!

MeatSpace
reviews: 4
10. Re: Young couple honeymoon

Toronto is a fun city, if not exactly foreign, while different enough to add some interest for Americans.

The suggestions of Quebec City, or possibly Montreal, are good ones. Probably the same price or (slightly) more and you get a bit more foreign adventure.

Alternatively, heading for Vancouver or Victoria might be a good choice if they're outdoors types, and pricing would be about the same as TO.