We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving weekend---how busy?

Which Sudbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrie, Canada
Thanksgiving weekend---how busy?

Hello,

my husband and I are thinking of driving up to Sudbury for the fall colours Thanksgiving weekend this year. I'm wondering how far in advance we'll need to book accommodations. We'll be looking for somewhere with a full kitchen as I have a lot of dietary restrictions so need to do my own cooking.

Also, we are hoping to take day trips to Killarney Provincial Park and Chutes Provincial Park during our stay. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible to enter the parks early in the morning, probably around 7:00 or so (I'm a keen photographer). Is there a machine that takes your money, or do you have to give your money to a park employee?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2 replies to this topic
Toronto
reviews: 202
1. Re: Thanksgiving weekend---how busy?

There are several suites hotels that have kitchen facilities (Homewood, Hampton Inn, Fairfield by Marriott that come to mind)...as long as you're not pre-paying you can book now and cancel if you need to. It's been so long since I've been to provincial park that I can't remember the ins/outs. It is about 90km from Sudbury to Kilalrnay, and same from Sudbury to Chutes Provincial Park.

Barrie, Canada
2. Re: Thanksgiving weekend---how busy?

Thank you travelfun001,

I think that's what I'll do. :)

Reply to: Thanksgiving weekend---how busy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sudbury